Sonic Electronix

Loud Systems And Your Ears :: Happened To You?

ACDC concert was the loudest shit i have ever heard in my life, i almost passed out.

Car audio, i hit daily a 150 and never had a problem... maybe a slight ringing from my highs but only for about 10 min. Only been at it for about 4 years though.

I have heard that people loose the higher end of the frequency spectrum.. or really low notes when u get ur hearing tested

i get a yearly hearing test in the air force because i work around planes.

just did it last year and i went down a couple points on my test. i know its not because of the jets because i wear double hearing protection everyday at work.

the only thing else that is loud is bass.

since then i don't drive around full tilt anymore, only everyonce in a while.

I have a little ringing if everything is silent around me

same here, but i've had it since i was really little too. i remember how it'd piss me off lol

I have permenant hearing damage in my right ear from a 166.6 db burp at 70hz.

:o

HUH?! What's that you say?! :fool:

CAN YOU SPEAK UP!

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Ok children, for the millionth time. I learned somewhere(might have been on this site actually) that loud bass does not damage your hearing. What does damage your hearing is loud distorted high frequency sounds (like a distorted tweeter or horn). The faster waves cause the hairs in your ears to fall off or something like that.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I have always has systems in every car/truck that I have owned over the past 18 years. Some louder then others but always have had them. On average I would say I listen to it 1-2 hours commuting to and from work, anywhere from 1/2-3/4 volume and always rap or heavy bass stuff. I can say I have no hearing loss. I can say that because I get my ears checked once a year and have been doing this for the past 5 years..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

When My System Is ACTUALLY Working And not under Construction Ill have it FULL tilt From When i leave the house Till i get back...

Thats prollly why i go through woofers faster than the normal person but reconing isnt a bother!

I was able to do a 52.8 @ 30hz on music so listing to 150+ ALL day WILL take a toll on your ears i can tell my hearing is going out a lill lol

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Archived