Wow! Some those photo you show look mess up on the sub. I don't know if they ever notice those tiny stratches and damage before shipping it. I wouldn't be a happy customers after see that.

That sucks man that a huge gash on the magnet but I bet the guys at Fi will help you out I have never heard of them screwing anyone over.

The Shoe Maker without shoes!

i can understand where your comin from about the scratches and everything man...but really, i dont see why you should make too much of a deal about it.

the sub itself is fine, scratch here and there wont kill you, and once its in the box you'll probably forget about the scratches.

yeah principals and blah blah blah, but man you got one of the nicest subs on the market right now....shoot nick an email and let him know how you feel about it, but i dont see any reason to blow it up bigger than it really is.

good luck with everything though bro, have fun wit your BTL http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Matt W.

1996 Thunderbird LX Sport 4.6

new system soon...still deciding on what to get.

Well In my perspective, we can kinda compare it to a car. I just bought the Lamborghini of subwoofers, and though it may perform well, it is physically damaged on the outside. Wouldn't that hurt the value of the sub, or in this case the car? Im really not trying to bash on FI, because I love there products, and swore by it for life when I got my first 12" btl from them. But this makes me not so sure. I believe all companys should have quality assurance, and like great companys out there, Apple, Hyundai, Verizon Wireless..... They would make sure things where right for the customer. I hope I can reach out to someone that works at FI, and they read this, because it would suck for another customer to receive a product like mine. I guess I got screwed on this. :*(

althoguht i can see your point, theres a real big diff in your analogy. myself i buy subwoofers for the sound not for the lil imperfectiojns or whatever that may be on the magnet.

ive probably got worse from companies and never noticed, if it was a glue joint or something i could see a big fuss. also people who buy lamborghini's dont go over everything with a fine tooth comb because most of them are to stupid to know what they are looking at.

i can understand where your comin from about the scratches and everything man...but really, i dont see why you should make too much of a deal about it.

the sub itself is fine, scratch here and there wont kill you, and once its in the box you'll probably forget about the scratches.

yeah principals and blah blah blah, but man you got one of the nicest subs on the market right now....shoot nick an email and let him know how you feel about it, but i dont see any reason to blow it up bigger than it really is.

good luck with everything though bro, have fun wit your BTL http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

I know the scratches and some of imperfection wouldn't affect the sub much but peoples work hard to earn money so they expect to see good work when they paid full prices not half. I always wanted to own an BTl sub but they customer didn't see to email peoples promptly. I have given then sufficient time and still no reply.

I know the scratches and some of imperfection wouldn't affect the sub much but peoples work hard to earn money so they expect to see good work when they paid full prices not half. I always wanted to own an BTl sub but they customer didn't see to email peoples promptly. I have given then sufficient time and still no reply.

Hit up a dealer an get an aa sub

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

We were not aware that this was happening. Scott and I do not watch every speaker go out the door...he's been taken care of don't worry about it.

Gotloud55 - Email me Nick " at " ficaraudio.com

Not sure why you aren't getting through or what questions you may have, everything is on the website and ordered through there unless you are outside of the US and Canada

Thanks!

Nick

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

i cant believe someone would actually make a big deal over a couple little scratches on the basket and a little one on the magnet.....something that is not even noticeable unless you point it out and doesnt effect the sub one bit. You will probably do more damage during your install then i see right there.

your "new car" analogy is almost correct....i mean if i bought a 2009 off the lot and i crawled under it and saw that the exaust pipe, not the TIP, but the pipe itself had a scratch on it, i would be upset too. I would want a whole new car and make a post about how dissapointed i was with that company.

please bro, get over it - maybe they will send you a T-shirt for your troubles but are you really gonna make them ship you a 60lb sub and pay for the shipping of the old one back.......over THAT? Over something that no one will ever see anc chances are you will probably make a new scratch JUST like that one when you put them in the box....

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

anc chances are you will probably make a new scratch JUST like that one when you put them in the box....

My thoughts exactly....if you ever installed heavy subs no matter how careful it will have a lil scratch somewhere....unless your perfect of course... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't personally send it back for that (and I'm a perfectionist, I keep all my stuff mint)...now if it had a scuff on the surround or a weak looking glue joint or something yes...but that light scratching on the basket....no way.

edit: b/c I can't spell lol.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I personally agree that this is rediculous. Nick and Scott are THEEE shit and they care about their customers to the fullest but this isn't necessary. You are not a car audio enthusiast if your main concern is the look IMO.

Thanks

Chris Hasbrook

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ

Pioneer 980BT

16 SA-10's - 4th Order Bandpass

NS-1 - 3 D3100's

DC & XS Power, Audio Technix, Sound Deadener Showdown

Team Sundown Audio

Archived