well i decided after my disapointment with my 80 dollar in ear buds id post my thoughts on a few sets ihave and maybe help some people out who dont have the money to waste on a product that might now be what they are looking for.

First off i have the zune premium units

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i love the clarity of these units, they lack a little bit in the bass side but overall id give them a 7 out of 10

quality wise i love the braided cables they seem far more durable. the plug in is a little bit flimsy but ive had no problems with it as of yet.

Secondly i have Skullcandy in ear buds, these are the cheapest ones they offer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

clarity isnt the greatest, the highs are pretty distorted at moderate to high volume. The bass is pretty outstanding on them for the price point they are at. other then the distorion at the high levels id give these a 6 out of 10.

build wise the cable is a soft rubber, but thicker then the other 2 sets. the plug in is a bit sturdier then the zune ones as well.

Lastly i have the DD DXB-01

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These by far look better then the previous 2 units. the bud itself is contructed out of some real sturdy aluminum and the plastic looking part around it is actually more like a rubber as it bends and moves pretty easily. the output jack on it again seems a little flimsy but as far as i know its not a problem. These units supposedly share some technology with some Shure 500 dollar headphones.

well on to the sound part.....

these sound like they have the ability to sound great, but im under the impression that somethign is seriously wrong with them. they are about half the volume of the skullcandies on the same source (ipod nano with no eq settings turned on) one of the sides is noticeably lower in volume then the other side. I origianlly thought maybe i wasnt getting a good enough seal, but ive tryed all three sets of buds that came with them as well as putting the skullcandy ones on them and still the same results. ive tryed wiggling the whole cord as to maybe there is a short somewhere in the cable, and nothing changes, ive tryed to reposition the plus numberous times and nothing.

at this time i'll hold off a final judgement as to how they sound as i have an email and a call in to DD to see if i can get them fixed or replaced. but if they find nothing is wrong with them i'll post my final thoughts on them at that time.

As i get more sets i'll add to this lil earbud review...

Hey, James. Do you have any experience with the Shure SE210s? I am looking into a pair of them.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Hey, James. Do you have any experience with the Shure SE210s? I am looking into a pair of them.

The set you heard at the house are the SE 310's brosef....but be prepared to pay.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

The set you heard at the house are the SE 310's brosef....but be prepared to pay.

I used to think that was a horrific price...until I saw some three and four hundred dollar IEMs. Spend son time on head-fi and see some (to me) outrageously high prices.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

James, I may have figured out your problem with the DD buds, and its acutally not the buds itself. Its your listening device, IE your ipod nano. If you have a zune, you may also run into the same problem.

Try the dd buds in a computer or something else such as a discman and see if the dd buds work fine.

I recently noticed my new htc touch pro excepted 32gig micro sd cards, on the hunt for other info, I also noticed my phone has audio video output to hook to a tv or whatver. But you need a special plug. However The stock charging cord adapter plug can be used with a simple registry file change allowing the use of a ipod or zune video cable to be used instead of htc's specialty cable that costs about $20 online.

With that info I was curious to find why only ipod and zune video cables only work. I had a standard rca (left, right, video) to 3mm headphone jack or whatever, but it didnt work.

It turns out that the zunes and ipods jacks are wired differently then your normal devices.

The cables run a common ground for left, right, and video. But on the zune/ipod cable and a normal cable the ground and video are switched around.

So technically speaking your ipod is sending a video thru the ground pin on the ear buds..

Here is a diagram i found to make it easyier to understand then my typing. .

Posted Image

ive tryed them on alot of things, still no good, tryed to cover some port holes no good still, so ima use this RMA i was sent and pay the 12 bucks to send them back so now they werent such a great deal after the 30 bucks shipping both ways

dammit james im glad you said something about the DDs because the same thing is happening to mine, one side is lacking sound...i dunno wtf the problem is...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived