Jump to content

Weightlifting/ Workout


Recommended Posts

Posted

For you guys who buy post-workout shake mix, what do you recommend that GNC carries? I'm almost out of what I take but GNC doesn't carry it anymore and I figured I would just see what everyone uses. I'm currently trying to gain weight (only 5'10 at 176 lbs) and would like to be at 185-190 before cutting. Or should I go for a pre-workout mix instead?

Edit: Here's what I currently have.

8hpc3g.jpg

for that I would use this --> http://vitasport.net/vitasport/products/muscle-building/mass-fuzion its basically a great way to build muscle fast, you can take it throughout the day even if you don;t workout to keep your carbs up, which is the most important part about putting on weight, eating enough or having enough energy for your body to use, A good breakfast is one that provides at least one third of the day’s calories, its the most important meal of the day, Without breakfast your body is so hungry for energy that it can literally start to use eat your brain cells and other muscle cells that are active throughout the day---Eating breakfast will actually help you reach and maintain your healthy weight. Your appetite will be satisfied longer. You’ll be eating food when you can best burn the calories. To avoid precious muscle loss: As you sleep, levels of cortisol rise. And right before you wake up cortisol is peaking. If you skip breakfast it keeps on rising. Unfortunately, cortisol will breakdown your muscle tissue. It can also kill brain cells. So taking this in the morning and at night it the best way to keep your body from eating your muscle, it gives you a form of energy to use while sleeping and in the morning, i take it with fruit and then go workout and take the other half of a scoop. it says to take like 2 and 1/2 in the morning and evening and night, but because I eat some and workout just after that i split one serving in half, half when i wake up, half after the workout. YOU CAN FIND IT AT NUTRISHOP, i know they have some in ohio, but it might be a drive. and its a little cheaper than HPC-3

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

Need some advice about something....the last month or so, I have 0 motivation to go to the gym. Partially because I am wrecked at the end of the day from work, and I also started hurting (not soar, but actually painful) mixing the gym and my job.

I am an autoglass tech (nice way to say I change your windshield) and it involves a good deal of strength intermittently throughout the day. a lot of guys from this job end up getting surgery for torn rotator cuff or back injuries, (shoulder injuries from cutting the glass out; lot of pulling and pushing involved and back injuries from trying to balance a 25-40lb. shield by yourself)

problem is, I got my anger out at the gym. working out was my release. now Ive become very short tempered, but too tired to do anything about it. I never want to take those caffeine infested powders to amp myself up...Ive always had enough anger/motivation to go, but now Im at a loss. I still refuse to take shit like Jacked or Superpump as I still believe its an early heart attack waiting to happen, but anyone have other ideas?

Doing exercises that strengthen your back and shoulders will help prevent the injuries you mentioned. I think what you need to do is wake up early, have a banana and a cup of coffee and hit the gym first thing. Thats what I am starting since I got a UPS delivery job. I start between 10am and 1pm and don't get off until 8-830 at night. Its a hard transition, but you'll get your workouts in and it will kind of wake you up for the day.

Jacked or Superpump won't cause an early heart attack unless you take way more than you are supposed to. Even half a serving will give you that little 'bump' in itensity and focus. I recomend Hemo Rage Black(not the concentrate), a little goes a long way. 1 scoop and i'm good to go. With Superpump and NO Xplode, I was taking up to 4 scoops preworkout, but Hemo is the real deal.

I was considering going early before work, but I already get up at 530. Id have to see around 330-4 am to do it....its a shit job haha, I get back at 6 too. I may consider it, being that I am paying 20 bucks a month for a gym I'm not even going to! That Hemo stuff seems a little extreme for me, since Ive just been taking CGT-10 and whey for a good amount of time; but I gotta do something. this all work nothing else isn't doing it for me.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

for that I would use this --> http://vitasport.net/vitasport/products/muscle-building/mass-fuzion its basically a great way to build muscle fast, you can take it throughout the day even if you don;t workout to keep your carbs up, which is the most important part about putting on weight, eating enough or having enough energy for your body to use, A good breakfast is one that provides at least one third of the day’s calories, its the most important meal of the day, Without breakfast your body is so hungry for energy that it can literally start to use eat your brain cells and other muscle cells that are active throughout the day---Eating breakfast will actually help you reach and maintain your healthy weight. Your appetite will be satisfied longer. You’ll be eating food when you can best burn the calories. To avoid precious muscle loss: As you sleep, levels of cortisol rise. And right before you wake up cortisol is peaking. If you skip breakfast it keeps on rising. Unfortunately, cortisol will breakdown your muscle tissue. It can also kill brain cells. So taking this in the morning and at night it the best way to keep your body from eating your muscle, it gives you a form of energy to use while sleeping and in the morning, i take it with fruit and then go workout and take the other half of a scoop. it says to take like 2 and 1/2 in the morning and evening and night, but because I eat some and workout just after that i split one serving in half, half when i wake up, half after the workout. YOU CAN FIND IT AT NUTRISHOP, i know they have some in ohio, but it might be a drive. and its a little cheaper than HPC-3

Thanks for the reply. I searched and there aren't any Nutrishop's within even 40 miles of me, but that's still some good info and a good idea to do 1/2 with breakfast and 1/2 after workout.

What're some things to look for when looking at these?

Posted

for that I would use this --> http://vitasport.net/vitasport/products/muscle-building/mass-fuzion its basically a great way to build muscle fast, you can take it throughout the day even if you don;t workout to keep your carbs up, which is the most important part about putting on weight, eating enough or having enough energy for your body to use, A good breakfast is one that provides at least one third of the day’s calories, its the most important meal of the day, Without breakfast your body is so hungry for energy that it can literally start to use eat your brain cells and other muscle cells that are active throughout the day---Eating breakfast will actually help you reach and maintain your healthy weight. Your appetite will be satisfied longer. You’ll be eating food when you can best burn the calories. To avoid precious muscle loss: As you sleep, levels of cortisol rise. And right before you wake up cortisol is peaking. If you skip breakfast it keeps on rising. Unfortunately, cortisol will breakdown your muscle tissue. It can also kill brain cells. So taking this in the morning and at night it the best way to keep your body from eating your muscle, it gives you a form of energy to use while sleeping and in the morning, i take it with fruit and then go workout and take the other half of a scoop. it says to take like 2 and 1/2 in the morning and evening and night, but because I eat some and workout just after that i split one serving in half, half when i wake up, half after the workout. YOU CAN FIND IT AT NUTRISHOP, i know they have some in ohio, but it might be a drive. and its a little cheaper than HPC-3

Thanks for the reply. I searched and there aren't any Nutrishop's within even 40 miles of me, but that's still some good info and a good idea to do 1/2 with breakfast and 1/2 after workout.

What're some things to look for when looking at these?

do you mean when looking at supplements?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

I am ashamed that I have not stepped into the gym since march. It started out not working out because I had lasik and didnt want to strain my eyes and i never went back. I lost a LOT of arm size.

Hoping newb gains will come back into play here because its been longer than 6 months but well see.

Following Kris Gethins 12 week trainer. Also following that diet to a tee. I have seen some amazing cuts people had with this program.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

time to cut. Im sick of looking like shit.

got my supps.

Animal Pak

oxyelite pro

xtend

1MR

CLA 1250

ultra-omega 3

I havent tried 1mr yet but if its anything like jacked then ill be out of my mind.

one question. should i be worried about my salt intake? i use lite soy sauce (550 mg sodium) with my brown rice...thats the ONLY thing i really "cheat" with. Is it ok to use it and then cut it out completely for the last 2 weeks?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

Has anyone heard of or used Force Factor? It is supposed to be the new best work out suppliment. Once I leave my school and go back home, i am going to pick up Jack3d for pre workout, use Force Factor and L-Glutamine pills for post workout.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Posted

Finkster, its not like you're getting ready for a bodybuilding show. You can eat salt, and actually need it if you work out hard 4 to 5 times a week. if your sweating, your losing salt. Your body uses sodium for osmo-regulation and to control blood volume. Osmo-regulation is the balance of liquid inside and outside the cells, and the neurotransmitters involved in this balancing.

Bottom line, up to 2 grams a day is alright. Any more may be asking for trouble. And the very minimum salt intake is 500mg, so that serving of soy sauce is just fine, helping your body function properly.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Rootbeer, I never, EVER, buy the "best new supplement out". There are no real-world trials. Nobody that has used it for a while who you can ask, "how did it work for you"? The only thing you need post workout is whey protein, simple carbs(to drive the protein and replace muscle glycogen), and amino acids/bcaa's/glutamine.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Ya, That's why I will have the L-glutamine pills, have you seen force factor though? I've looked it up, I know I don't know as much as you on this, but in comparison to what other suppliments contain, this shit seems pretty damn good. BJ Penn, Dereck Rose, and a quite a few other pro athletes have been using it for a while.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 433 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...