splzx3 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 all i know is when i got my phone my spelling has got alot better ________________________________________________________________________ deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said: splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said: i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD lol your mom is a G! WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.
8v fury Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 Yeah, I agree with you on the proper grammer, but there are times, when you don't have much time or space to text and you need to get the message sent. Pushing it to the limits. Want more power.
BJD3 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 <br />all i know is when i got my phone my spelling has got alot better<br /><br /><br /><br />Grammar FAIL! 2B honest, I see your point and agree. I originally thought he just had a keypad phone, in which case asking him to type out complete words would be torture, but with a full keyboard there really isn't an excuse for misspelling of easy words outside of texting. JMO. My fatal flaw with nontraditional forms of communication is my tendency to include common internet memes in my vocabulary. Like LOL...wut? or I can haz (insert random object). Then people who don't know me look at me like I've lost my mind. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
splzx3 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 lol im workin on the grammar part ________________________________________________________________________ deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said: splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said: i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD lol your mom is a G! WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.
RamenNoodles Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 I hate when people text me back and its not proper grammar and spelling lol. Sounds like its worth a try. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
loganberry Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 i would die without texting, but it has always annoyed me when people use abbreviations to text, especially ones they make up, you cant use the first letter of each word and expect us to know what it means!! i on average send/receive about 6500-7000 text's a month, if you dont believe me ask a team mate, im always on my phone, and i have always spelled out the whole words My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Haydog17 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 Good idea. When I text, I know I usually type in full words. Only ones I will abbreviate are your to ur or you u, thats it though. Be honest, texting is the worst thing invented. I text usually everyday yes, but when you call someone to do something, they will text back no because there afraid to talk to you. People can act tough texting, but they can't act tough when talking on the phone which is annoying.
redbaron80 Posted July 16, 2009 Report Posted July 16, 2009 I have a 13yr old son, soon to be 14 and like most teenagers he's a texting fanatic. The day we got him his phone he sent rcvd over 80 texts in less than 2hrs! Luckily we have unlimited texting on our family plan so it's all good...my issue is the language kids text in. I understand the whole thing about abbreviating and all that, it drives me crazy when I look at his homework and he's got so many misspelled words and then he practices misspelling via texting. So what I am contemplating is telling him that if he wishes to continue to be able to text on his phone then he needs to use proper grammar, for the most part. Example, if he wants to say "me and you" then it'll be ok for him to text "me n u". But he does things like spells "have" "hav", and "know" "no", "phone" "fone", "couldn't" "cudnt", etc. What do you think? take the phone away. Problem solved. Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/
Bill Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 I went through this stage at about the same age. Now days, everything I text it has to be the best grammar I can produce (I was kicked out half way through High School, so it's probably still shit). I think if anything, it's age related and the fact that all of his friends are doing it also might make him want to not be the odd one out. Just my 2c + tax Edit, Ps. I send 3k+ messages per month (Got to love girlfriends....) 1994 Suzuki Vitara (Escudo) [unreveiled Subwoofers] - 1,500Wrms, triple stack motor. 15" x 2 DD M1A x 2 10.5 cubes in a tiny car
will77530 Posted July 17, 2009 Report Posted July 17, 2009 well im 17 and send probably more messages than he does but when i text i spell everything the correct way i just dont use capital letters or periods and commas. and honestly it bothers me when people abbreviate too much its just annoying
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.