kryptonite Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 My girl went from stating "Its a waste of money and it's pointless" to asking "When are you gonna put a system in my car?" But she still hates the windshield flexing bass, still working on her with that lol DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGERCurrently Own 4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option 2 - DC 5k lvl 4 motor lvl 2 motor On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said: this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.
kingsuv Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 NUFF SAID http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Tek Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 prolly should invest in some components and an amp? then she might like it. one step at a time my man. I live in Michigan Im poor lmao
brewer_brewer Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 mine likes it at a normal volume but i don't roll like that. i just turn it up past the point where i can here her yelling "it hurts my ears and chest" and just look at the road ahead like i didn't notice she was saying it. REFS http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2026 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44535-official-brewer-brewer-feedback/page__p__625998__hl__brewer__fromsearch__1entry625998 "you're not allowing natural selection to work, you're like the guy that invented the seatbelt"
Nightshade Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 My wife doesn't mind it at all. She comes to most shows with me and even has a system in her car. The only part about it that she doesn't like is all the money spent on the equiptment. If we have the extra money then she's cool with it, if we don't I catch hell for it. I had to get a recone a week ago and she instantly knew to not even say a word about it or there would be trouble. So I got the recone and all was good. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
97maxima Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 My wife hates it. Bitches every week about me going off to different events. I don't even have stuff shipped to the house anymore because it's an instant argument every time she sees me spending money.i know what you mean. now if i sell something i dont even let her know. she hits me up for my new equipment fund money as soon as i get it. good idea on shipping tho wish i had a huge p.o box American Bass*DC Power
antwan911 Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 My wife calls it a "necessary evil, for my happiness"
Shyne151 Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 My girlfriend's dad owns a body shop, so she's into cars a little bit. She can change her own brakes and oil... but when I crank my system all the way up, it's hands over the ears. She's happy I enjoy it, but at loud volumes she doesn't like it. -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
cqtama Posted July 30, 2009 Report Posted July 30, 2009 my girlfriend doesnt mind it as long as she's not in the car when im turning the nob up lol. she doesnt really get why i spend so much money on it but then i exlplaind it to her in a way she would get. i just said well why spend $1000 on a designer hand bag when you could just go to some cheap store and get some thing thats like $50. now she kinda gets it and wants me to put a little 10 in hers.. i guess i have to come up with something for her car now. maybe ill give her one of my t1 15's if i end up getting a pair of lvl4 xl's... R.I.P '01 blazer you treated my ears well until your transmission blew up. New Project [top secret] 149.0 db on music driver window open; so close I feel some boners are fueled by viagra and not true intimacy!......if you know what i mean.... I swear... sometimes I wish I was retarded so I could just agree with everyone x.
SQMonte Posted July 30, 2009 Author Report Posted July 30, 2009 I see some of you deal with some of the same stuff I deal with from my girl about it, but some of you lucky mofo's have it good :censored: I tend to get my shipments sent to my job too, just to avoid hearing her mouth about it. It's funny how she complains about the money I spend on it but when I upgrade she always wants my old stuff. She thinks my current system sounds good, doesn't understand why i'm upgrading, but keeps buggin' me about when i'm gonna put my current setup in her car. LOL. She's slowly getting an ear for audio stuff...When we went HD with our home theater setup we bought an Onkyo 7.1 audio system. When I bought my audio card for my computer I bought some Insignia bookshelf speakers for it and hooked them up to my Onkyo receiver and played them on it for about a week or two to break them in. To my disbelief, she noticed the noticeable increase in SQ with them as compared to the Onkyo's and wouldn't let me disconnect them from the receiver. Haha. So I had to go buy another set for my PC, but no complaints though cause these little bookshelf speakers do rape the Onkyo fronts they replaced. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.