Gary's (aka BanginAltima) 150db Plus Trunk Build...**Hopefully**

Even though I already congradulated you at NSPL finals, congrats again Gary. Your wife's Altima is very loud. You deserved the win and did it in a classy way. I have a lot more respect for you then I do your competition.

So when are we gonna get a look of the actual box that was in the design on the first page? I'd like to see you do a 150 too and I think that you can if you get the box just right. It's going to be hard though because of your trunk limitations. You may just want to try 2 Nighshade 12's. I bet you would have better results with them.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

To me a true trunk car would be where the back seat is in fully or can be folded down. No equipment in the cabin area at all everything is either in the trunk or engine compartment. I had to cut some of my trunk's rear deck to allow me to get my box in but all aspect of the back seats work..

Just my opinion of a true trunk car.

Would also like to hear others opinions on this....

x2, my backseat stays up (I got kids) I figure if you use any other part of the car other than the trunk it wouldn't be considered a "true" trunk car.

1990 Chevy Suburban (Big Booty Judy)

(4) Sundown Audio Zv5 18's

(1) Sundown Audio Salt 12K

(1) Sundown Audio SAX-100.4

(1) Sundown Audio SAE-50.4

(2) Crossfire ST-1 Tweeters

(2) Obsidian Audio ST-1 tweeters

(4) Sundown Audio Neo Pro v3 6.5's

Saving 2nd Bass

• 5 months later...

hey what ever happened with this ?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I'm sure he met his goal. I just wish I had proof of my sisters results with her trunk setup in 2005 or 2006. It was a single DD9515 powered off a Z2 amp I believe. I'm pretty sure she posted a 153.4 on the TL with no interior modifications at all and could still play music very well. It was in a 1999 Saturn sl1. Ever sense then she hasn't been able to reach the 50 mark. I think she's going to try for it again this season though. Like I said I wish I had proof because I know this can be done, it just takes quite a bit of work.

Team Digital Devastation

jake3jpeg.jpg

My on-going 9518 build

I'm sure he met his goal. I just wish I had proof of my sisters results with her trunk setup in 2005 or 2006. It was a single DD9515 powered off a Z2 amp I believe. I'm pretty sure she posted a 153.4 on the TL with no interior modifications at all and could still play music very well. It was in a 1999 Saturn sl1. Ever sense then she hasn't been able to reach the 50 mark. I think she's going to try for it again this season though. Like I said I wish I had proof because I know this can be done, it just takes quite a bit of work.

What frequency? What kind of electrical did it have? What kinda box was it? Thats kind of hard to believe man. Thor has a Stetsom 14k and is doing a 151.6

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

there are some loud trunkers out htere a 153.4 would make her one of the loudest trunk cars ever built.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 1 year later...

ii know its pretty late on this topic but wqas there any results? Pictures? Did you ever get to the 150 mark?

New: 1998 Chevy Blazer 4.3L 2dr

Alt: Unsure yet

Headunit: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X494

Subs: 2) 15" Hifonics Olympus V.2's

Amps: 2) Hifonics Goliath GX3000's European Version

Maxx-link

Archived