I finally get secondary batteries.... wire them together with double runs of 1/0.... then the 7/16 Craftsman wrench slips and falls across the + & - leads.

Arc, Spark, and weld city. In about 1 second the wrench becomes a huge, super-heated fuse. No choice: grab it with hand and YANK the wrench off of the terminals.

Yeah... likely battery damage, a big time scare, and a burn on my hand. F THAT!

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I finally get secondary batteries.... wire them together with double runs of 1/0.... then the 7/16 Craftsman wrench slips and falls across the + & - leads.

Arc, Spark, and weld city. In about 1 second the wrench becomes a huge, super-heated fuse. No choice: grab it with hand and YANK the wrench off of the terminals.

Yeah... likely battery damage, a big time scare, and a burn on my hand. F THAT!

im glad you acted quickly though, that would of gone bad REAL FUCKING FAST

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

^ haha! No doubt. It was bad... everything went into slow motion too. There wasn't time for anything else. No way to unhook or cut wires, no way to pull each 65 lb battery, nothing.

In about a second, that wrench had begun to glow a bit. Right in the middle of the wrench, the chrome just went away. That joker stayed hot for like 10 minutes afterward too. Oh man- straight scary stuff.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I'm not sure whether or not this really works, but I picked up some liquid electrical tape and an extra imperial wrench set from Home Depot. I basically painted my wrenches with the "tape," and ONLY use those wrenches for audio & electrical.

I haven't tested them out haha.. But this may be something worth noting.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I'm not sure whether or not this really works, but I picked up some liquid electrical tape and an extra imperial wrench set from Home Depot. I basically painted my wrenches with the "tape," and ONLY use those wrenches for audio & electrical.

Since a car is only running between 12-14 volts that sounds like it would work, or at least drastically reduce any potentially large shocks

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

that you can not buy any sub in an radius of 150kilometers....fuck that

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

finished my motorcycle license and not been given permission by doctors because im an EPILEPTIC????? FUCK THAT

and they give a guy who is narcoleptic(gets in sleep mode for a couple of seconds) a full permission for a mototcycle license....fuck that too

PS:::note...been healthy for 18 years and they give me shit at the end...the narco-guy was having the last epileptic attack while we were in a class for license(that was only 3 days ago)

WHAT THE FUCK?

PS:::still got my moped..

You get a full medical check to get a motorcycle license??? that blows....shit I took the dumb ass little MSF course then passed the written test and walked out of the DMV to unload my bike and go for a ride.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

works perfect, If we dont have our insulated tools on us when we work with power. We just wrap our tools in electrical tape works like a charm.