What a difference sound deadner makes!

eh been there, i feel alot better not having a flammable membrane in my car...yea my second skin might cost more but i dont have to heat crap and can prob get my install done twices as fast as peal and sealers.

while peel and seal works...the diff between it and a good deadener is pretty night and day

How is this flammable? If it was flammable, why would anyone want to put this on there roof? after all, that is what this product is intended for. As far as time goes to install it, I couldnt care less how long it takes me to install it. I take my time with everything anyways. I could see if time was an issue if your an "Installer" but im not, im just an average everyday "Joe" playing with car audio!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

The peel and seal is asphlat based... I had it in my monte carlo and on a hot day it made my whole car smell like shit. I heated mine up with a heat gun also... did like two or three layers on my trunk lid and it was fine for about a year before it started falling off. The doors held up fine though. I guess if you're on a budget it's good.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Peal n Seal is good stuff. I used it in the Beretta Gt and in the Astro. 3 years later I started seeing the edges peeling back. No problem to fix though.

Yes, it is asphalt based. Neither vehicle ever smelled of the stuff.

If you can't find it at Lowe's, look for this at Home Depot.

thelabel2io.jpg

It's the same stuff just under a different name. Here are some more pics.

I wanted to do a thickness comparison but didn't have the time.

thickness9tw.jpg

I believe the pits help somehow, just not sure.

aluminumbacking0bq.jpg

This was a quickly done install on the Beretta. I was trying to get ready for an event that day.

picture86an.jpg

When I first tested the stuff, I put 2 pieces under the Beretta on the bottom of the gas tank. I didn't clean the tank surface either. It stay there until I sold the Beretta a year and half later.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Yeah its sticky stuff...I used to work in the Lumber/Building Materials as Lowes and would have to stock this stuff...gonna head buy Lowes sometime for put it in my trunk, stupid taillights make too much noise

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I'd rather buy some second skin its worth the extra money.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i assume you use a wooden roller of some sort? thats some easy ass instructions ill tell you what. would a hairdryer substitute a heatgun? i doubt it but it never hurts to ask

i tried using a hair dryer before and it worked. but now of course i have a heat gun that i got from harbor freight that was really cheap but works well

ive used it, it works good on a budget

but

if u do the math its $1.12 per sq ft (14/12.5)

ss damplifiber is $2.24 per sq ft (359/160)

but u need 2 layers of p&s to achieve what 1 layer of ss does... so its a toss up if u are even saving money

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I got P&S on my trunk, rear tray and front doors. 2 rolls got them done for about $30. Great product for the price. I applied it one night in 60-70 degree weather over the summer using a soup can as a roller (you heard me...don't do it.) and later ran everything over again with a roller. No peeling issues at the moment. I am planning to do more of my front doors, my back doors, and my trunk floor soonish. I prepped surfaces with a damp rag to clean all the dust off, nothing more.

Too many projects, too little time...

I tried to use those roles of fake deadener from lowes with no luck at all. I had probably 4 layers and still had a tin can sound when i knocked on it. I had about 1 sq ft of dynamat left from about a year ago and put that on it one spot and was a ton better. I guess i just have no luck with it.

Archived