Whats your biggest peeve that people do when it comes to car audio?

So get this, the kid who originally got me into car audio and showed me the ropes (which I later learned was wrong), was telling my that his setup was so loud that he hook his intercennects into the REAR outputs on his H/U because he couldn't stand being in the car if it was in the SUB OUT. So I convince him to hook his interconnects into the SUB OUT and there is NO difference and he's like dude it's so much louder! Then he's like, the only problem I have is I keep getting to many high notes and it sounds distorted. Then I asked him if his LPF was set correctly and he was like :o? What do you mean? This kid was telling me his setup was so awesome and he doesn't even know how to tune an amp.

He had 2 12" Sony's with the grey X on it which is allegedly the pro series? with a 2000w amp to match. all the wiring was 8awg and half assed. There wasn't even enough slack on the wires for me to turn the amp so I could tune it for him.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Something that annoys me is when people take and spend a ton of money on a setup to not finish the box with atleast some sort of paint/carpet/etc....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

when people think an amp will always put out the rms. they think it cant be turned down.

i also hate when people come on here and ask questions thatcan e legit questions but put "lol" after it. even tho there is nothing funny

for example "if i hook up this amp with no sub will it be harmful? lol"

it pisses me off and its only new people. its like they are trying to be cool so they are accepted by the guys on this forum. so dumb.

when people wont save their money for good equipment. i did that and i see how much more money it cost me now.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I win

Youtube.

/ thread

EDIT:

When people think 10's can't hit low, and bigger subs don't sound as tight as smaller subs.

When people think SQ installs can't get loud.

When people put speakers outside their car.

When people think their amp puts out Peak power.

When people think Gain is a volume knob.

When people don't understand bass boost needs to be at max.

When people think if they are 20+ years in the bussines that they know everything about CA , when they don't know what a Gain-knob is used for.

When people distort their tweeters and woofer(s).

When people like to trash talk about you're setup if thier friend has more beat then me, but they don't have any beat.

When people ask why you the sub sounds like crap if it's put in a tiny "ported"(hole in the box) enclosure.

When people want to rattle their trunk because it impresses other people, and they think it's loud as hell.

When people never look into sound deadening, because they like flex and rattle.

When people say a 10 inch sub can't hit as hard as their 15's with the same power, and when they hear it they don't admit they were wrong.

When people like to blast it at a red light.

When people think mainstream is the best.

When people think 2 JLW0 can hit 160dB and have more then 60mm xmax because they made it custom...

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I hate it when people say that an 18" is slower than 10" and that you can`t get deep bass from an 8" or whatever. That a capacitor makes the electricity go faster, that you can`t go ported if you want SQ, that they say they got a 5000watt system for example when that is their amplifers dynamic watt+ the rated peak og their woofers (like a amp that has 2500 watts max and 2 12" rated @ 1250 watts max), That if you have a small car you can`t get the lowes, and most of all, complete idoits that don`t know nothing about car stereo and thinks they know everything!

Edit: And I hate it when people let me hear their system, they turn it up so everything gets distorted. And people who claim they play 150+ with crappy speakers in a prefab box with a crappy system and doesn`t even know what a TL is, lol.

:angel::ph34r:

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

figh

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived