Sampsonite Posted October 29, 2008 Report Posted October 29, 2008 What was your electrical in that setup randy? --Sampson 816-591-6592 www.kcrimshop.com
assman Posted October 30, 2008 Report Posted October 30, 2008 What was your electrical in that setup randy? 10 stinger 1700's,250 amp alt Assman IdustriesFear The DuckTeam Notoriously Loud Mafia
Gotloud555 Posted October 30, 2008 Report Posted October 30, 2008 What's P.I? I kinda new to this Cone area calculating.
EricM9104 Posted November 1, 2008 Report Posted November 1, 2008 What's P.I? I kinda new to this Cone area calculating.My God, did you fail math?pi = 3.14159265 2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 110k miles | Stock 1996 GMC Yukon SLT 4dr 4wd | 260k miles | JVC Head-unit
Neo_frog Posted November 1, 2008 Report Posted November 1, 2008 It seems everybody did. The actual calculation for cone area on a sub would be Ca = pi x r x s where s is the distance from the surround to the center of the cone. And thats because you have a concave, conic base on a cone (sub) and that's why the chart numbers are higher than one would think. Need an install? Hit me up.[email protected]Got car audio questions? Check here first!Everything you need to know. =]http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/
Gotloud555 Posted November 2, 2008 Report Posted November 2, 2008 I was wondering. Would 4 15" sub have more cone area than 8 10" sub? Not sure.
E a r t h Posted November 2, 2008 Report Posted November 2, 2008 I was wondering. Would 4 15" sub have more cone area than 8 10" sub? Not sure.yes4x15=706 8x10=628
Gotloud555 Posted November 3, 2008 Report Posted November 3, 2008 yes 4x15=706 8x10=628 Even thou the 10" sub have more Xmax and proper build enclosures with solid electrical it not be loud as 4 15" sub? I know that more cone area would be loud but i think it depend on electrical, install, music type, vehicle, and most importantly the enclosures types. What do you think?
E a r t h Posted November 4, 2008 Report Posted November 4, 2008 If you take xmax muliplied by cone area, that will give you the volume displacement. If you're dealing with sealed enclosures, this is important to consider. this is not the end all be all solution though. Look at DD subs, being loud without huge xmax specs. ported is a different beast altogether
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.