>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?

>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What high amperage alternator company do you prefer?

• Iraggi Alternator
    • DC Power
    • Mech Man
    • XS Power
    • Excessive Amperage
    • Ohio Generator
    • Stinger

This poll is closed to new votes

Before you buy your first alternator you have no personal experience yet you choose a company based off something. That is part of the question Im asking.

You are absolutely right. I will give my opinion on each based on what I had seen from everyone at the time. I picked my alt a little over a year now, so keep this in mind in my answers ;) This is for the wife's 250. My truck has had and still has stock alt.

Vote on what company and then explain why you choose that company and why you dont choose the others.

You can reply to this exact message and put explanations below the companies name.

Iraggi Alternator. Dom - up until about 6 months ago, Unless your name was Steve Meade, no one was getting in touch with Iraggi for any kind of customer service. Back when Steve was using 2 alts, I tried a few times to get a quote from ya. It was hard to make a sale, if you don't pick up the phone. Back then I know I wasn't the only one with that issue. CS was a pattern I had seen over and over for quite awhile. I do see CS making a comeback, but it's way too early for me to tell things have changed. IMO 6 months doesn't overshadow the years of 20 page long flame wars. I do hope all that is behind ya now.

DC Power Rob - wasn't around yet, or shall I say wasn't in the man stream for the car audio community. At least wasn't on my radar for an alt company to look at for my truck

Mech Man Matt - Great guy, always quick to answer any and all calls / questions. Hell I even bought 4 intellichargers from him. IMO were one in the same with powermaster at the time ( see below)

XS Power Scottie - bought my pallet of batteries from Scottie and he made the upsell on the alt to charge them. Outstanding customer service in every aspect

Excessive Amperage. Nate - Used his alts in the past and have been very happy with them. he was having a hard time meeting to power requirements I wanted for the Alt case we had to work with

Ohio Generator. Never delt with them. I have seen more then a few competitors use them over the years with little to no negative posts about them

Stinger More of a dealer option. don't see them marketing directly to a competitor.

I don't want to sound like I am slamming ya, I know you want this to be an incite to your industry, but some of us been around the block longer then most of the members on here.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i will say DC Power due to how they took care of me and upgraded me with no charge...i remember when i was younger i asked for a quote from you Dom...from Iraggi and at EA and neither gave me a responce so i never bought an alt for my other vehicles...DC Power took care of me and even upgraded me to the 350XP and helped me out w any questions. even gave a follow up call to make sure everything went smooth.

so just from not getting a responce from you or EA I was unhappy w the companies...so i will say im w DC Power

i will add...im VERY happy w the customer service of DC...Rob is a great stand up guy...love the power my alt produces and how well he knows his stuff....not saying you guys dont but i dont really have experience w the other guys besides being ignored

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I pick the alt company that I do cause it's fun to ride the wave ;)

Honestly I don't even think that I need an explaination, do I????

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

voted irragi because that is what i use and have for about 5 years

its not made for my truck it is a chreekee alt but he made it work turned it into a extunal regulated and told me how to hook it up

spent bout 30 mins on phone

great service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked DC Power because the "other" alt companies had way to mucvh bullshit and not enough action.

I love being told after i bought something that, "i dont have a record of you ever buying anything or being told "i dont know what to tell you " when my alternator catches fire. Also the old its all installer error shit got really old, because we all know installing a damn alternator is rocket science.

I've got alts from some of the companies listed and got not even half of listed ratings out of them. My EA alt lasted for years and was ok for my application when i had it but wasnt great for idle amperage at all.

All of the DC power alternators i have experienced have been as promised and put out rated or more then advertised. Robbies always been a phone call away. I dont have to email,voicemail, and stalk him to get a status update on something we're working on.

I prefer the fact that a manufacture feels the need to keep me updated if theres a issue that needs to be worked out and needs more time to be perfected, rather then using my car as the guinea pig and when it messes up pretty much saying oh well.

and yea i omitted the alt company names i bashed so that i dont get banned for bashing companies

I chose DC Power because they are the only alternator company I have dealt with. I bought an alt from another SMD member and Rob had agreed to make the alt fit whatever application the buyer had. The alt casing could not fit my application so he built me a brand new one no charge and even came with an adapter. That was 6 months ago and its still running a strong 14.8 at idle.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived