DWI and DUI I thought were two difference things..

Actually the difference between DWI and DUI is also different between different states, and different between the state and the federal goverment. For some states (examples, Virginia and New Jersey) there is no difference between the two terms - they both mean drunk driving. In Minnesota on the other hand, there is technically no such thing as DUI (they use the term DWI - driving while impaired - instead). The distinction for the federal government is drawn based on severity. A DWI is issued when the blood alcohol content (BAC) is over the 0.08 limit, whereas a DUI is a less severe term, given when a persons BAC is under 0.08.

Driving while intoxicated (DWI) and driving under the influence (DUI). DWIs are issued to those who are driving with above the legal limit of alcohol in their system. DUIs are issued when a driver is driving while on drugs that impair their ability to operate the vehicle safely. The drugs can be illegal narcotics, over the counter medication, or prescribed medication (the drugs don't have to be illegal for a DUI to be issued). This applies to jurisdictions where there is a difference stated between the 2 of course.

The specific criminal offense may be called, depending on the jurisdiction, driving under intense influence ('DUII), driving while intoxicated (DWI), operating while intoxicated (OWI), operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (OMVI), driving under the influence [of alcohol or other drugs] (DUI), driving under the combined influence of alcohol and/or other drugs, driving under the influence per se or drunk in charge [of a vehicle]. Other less common acronyms include ("OVI"), "operating a vehicle (while) impaired," and ("DWAI"), "Driving While Ability Impaired."[3] Many of such laws apply also to boating, piloting aircraft, riding a horse or conducting a horse-drawn vehicle, or cycling.

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

I like the idea of the DUI plates. I'm sure we could have a few different plates for different offenders :D

Sucks your stuck with them thou

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I like the idea of the DUI plates. I'm sure we could have a few different plates for different offenders :D

Sucks your stuck with them thou

Yeah, first time I've heard of them, but Great idea IMO.... My dad would hate it though :P

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

That sucks about the DWI plate man. Hopefully you get everything figured out.

P.s I'm also a delivery driver for Dominos. Small world

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

MN has alot of drinkin and drivin so they are hard but they also are VERY bored for sure lol. you gonna make it down to foley in april?

yeah that sucks...but 15 dui's?!? not trying to be a dick but if i were you i would be more pissed off at your dad for going out driving drunk the 15 times they actually caught him, and be less pissed off at the cops for doing there job but thats just my opinion

Edited by 04SDExplorer

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1