What Volume Headunits Clip At

was wondering what the jvc kw-avx840 clips at/? the max volume is 50.

you posted a whole bunch of times. Did it dawn on you yet that no one else has one to test to tell you? buy a scope buy a dd-1 and figure it otu.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This seems like a biased thread!! I couldve sworn it says "what volume HEADUNITS" clip at! I have not seen Sony, (which I have), Panasonic, clarion and not to mention every other brand! Im sure there are people with these brands that would like to know as well since this thread was suppose to be helping other members! I would like to know what my deck clips too but all I see is Pioneer and Kenwood with a little JVC!!

Alpine CDE-103BT clips at 30/35 safe at 29/35

I never turn it up past 23 when i have the sub on b/c of the KTP 445 mini amp.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit, don't know if any of yall have it, but anyways, from a new car audio junkie, how would I set my gains and tune my HU according to the clipping points on different frequencies?

They say money can't buy you happiness...but money buys car audio...and car audio makes me happy.

The man makes the money, the money shouldn't make the man.

1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4D

Pioneer AVH-2400BT (Double DIN Conversion)

(2) Skar VVX-12 D4

Crescendo BC2000D

(2) MB Quart 4.125

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 Components

Infinity Reference 6032cf (4)

Infinity Reference 6432cf (2)

48 sq ft. Damplifier

Big 3 in 0G

Optima YellowTop D75 under the Hood

XS Power D1200 in the rear

2 Full runs 1/0

R.I.P.

1993 Cadillac Deville Touring 4D

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit

2 Kicker Comp C15's

Lanzar HTG257 2000W (For now)

2 Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxials

2 Sound Ordnance P-35

2 Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9's

This seems like a biased thread!! I couldve sworn it says "what volume HEADUNITS" clip at! I have not seen Sony, (which I have), Panasonic, clarion and not to mention every other brand! Im sure there are people with these brands that would like to know as well since this thread was suppose to be helping other members! I would like to know what my deck clips too but all I see is Pioneer and Kenwood with a little JVC!!

Because people are posting from their personal experience with the headunits. If they haven't had experience with any of the headunits you've mentioned, then they're not going to post about them.

That being said....

Kenwood KVT-512

33/35

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

The Clarion cz-201 will go full volume with no clipping.

to the op, are you planning on putting all this good info in the o.p.? would be nice to have it all in the first post categorized by manufacturer. If you would do that then this should be stickied.

IMO no one who's serious in car audio runs Sony HUs. They had their heyday back in the 90s, especially with their ES head units, but those days ended as soon as they introduced the Xplod line.

I had a Sony Full Logic cassette deck the last year before Xplod came out 15 years ago, and I ended up giving it to my brother, which he still has and uses. I replaced it with a $300 Xplod CD player, which didn't last 18 months. My second lasted a year before the faceplate started wigging out. I bought an Alpine in 2004 and I am still using it today.

You say it's biased, and you're right. We like to buy HUs that actually work. Just sayin.

Edit: Corrected my first line to say Sony HUs instead of just Sony. Some people have decent luck with their subs and amps.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Does anyone know where the Pioneer 8350sd clips at? Closest thing i could find in this thread was the 8300ub which didnt clip untill 61, is it safe to say mine would be similar?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived