kinetik WTFF!!!!!!!

soo ok well let me ask you this now i have one sitting in my room at 12.98 volts and been that way for since last Friday and the sides did seem to start to have slight swelling on them is it this battery damaged as well even though the side have gone down

A battery can still function after it has been swollen (overcharged) but some of it's electrolyte is gone. The longer it it overcharged, the more of it's electrolyte gets forced out the check valves and lost into the atmosphere. It's lifespan will also be decreased.

A battery can still function after it has been swollen (overcharged) but some of it's electrolyte is gone. The longer it it overcharged, the more of it's electrolyte gets forced out the check valves and lost into the atmosphere. It's lifespan will also be decreased.

ook well looks like i may have to get some money together and get in contact with you real soon and try to get me 2 xs power battery's... and well let me ask you this what is the proper way to install 2 new battery's MECHMAN... and i thank you for the information sir..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Both batteries should be fully charged before install. Every now and then measure the voltages of your batteries, since you are going new agm batteries their resting voltages should be above 12.8 volts charged and if you notice them resting under 12.6 volts after use charge them up with a good agm charger. A good charger will do a more complete charge than an alternator can or will.

Both batteries should be fully charged before install. Every now and then measure the voltages of your batteries, since you are going new agm batteries their resting voltages should be above 12.8 volts charged and if you notice them resting under 12.6 volts after use charge them up with a good agm charger. A good charger will do a more complete charge than an alternator can or will.

well thank you for clarifying that. now i dont feel so bad about the one sitting in my room cuz its at like 12.97.. there is still hope for big bass... i hope

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

An alternator charging a battery that high vs a regulated intelligent charger charging them to that point is totally different. An alternator is a bulk charger where an intelligent regulated charger is a computerized device that has steps to saturate the battery fully and safely without damaging the battery.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so kinetik finally gave me an answer after 6 weeks and I feel kinda like they shitted on me but o well... they said the battery over charged how idk I have a stock 120 amp alt... soo they gave me the option buying back the battery that messed up for 150 with a 30 day warranty on defects and a manufacturer 1 year.. or I can get a new one from the for 190... my question is should I sell off my other 1800 still bnib and switch to xs power thanks for advice

Xs power ftw!!!!!

X2 got rid of all my kinetiks and got me some d3100s. I think someone on here is still using my old hc2000s. And there working for him. Always heard horrible rumors about your situation. Sorry man I hope u get it worked out

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Haha anybody wanna trade kinetik for xs power

Archived