Integra performance upgrades

The amount is stupid in this thread just made my night. Take it from someone who has done everything you can do to make a Honda fast.... DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! just leave the thing alone. It's an economy car, not a rocket ship

Oh and the whole "real men drive stick" thing is such a load of crap. The fastest cars in the world have what kind of transmissions? The most expensive cars in the world have what kind of transmissions?

Ken blocks car does not have a manual transmission. No rally car does!

I'd LOVE to see any one of the people who say stick is better to launch a 800hp+ automatic car with a transbrake, then see how both hands are occupied by steering the entire time. then try it with a 5 speed car and watch how you smash a wall because you were too busy shifting and couldn't steer properly

Thank god somebody said this, cause I was about to post almost all those points. There is so much misleading/wrong info in this thread it's ridiculous..

To OP, just do basic bolt-ons and leave it at that, then save and get a car that can actually move.

Thank you even though i love american i also love seeing a honda with a 1/4 of the money into it smoking a camaro that's when you know you can drive and build a car.

Show me an example? An ls1 camaro/trans am will run 13's stock, no honda does that. And you can spend just $1k and be running low 12's easy as well, show me a honda that you can do that with..Sorry to bash your idea but it takes a LOT of money to even make a civic decently quick, more then most people would spend.

Unless you have a backup car to drive around don't go crazy with it... Intake, exhaust, custom tune, and a nice clutch(if manual) is all I would do to it. My buddy in high school had a 97 GSR with intake and exhaust... it was fast enough for a high school kid. And to the guy that said a stock gsr would beat a stock irocz... idk about that, the irocz are turds... but so are the gsr's stock. Hell my car puts a stomping on tegs and irocz ;)

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

look up slowmotion motorsports....

if you think integras cant be fast, they build 800+ HP hondas all day long, and have built 500+ HP daily driver hondas for tons of people... 20~ minutes from my house and I know their work is awesome... seen it for my self.

if you are going to talk about integras, why not talk about the type R... B18C5 motor, with LSD tranny....

my 4th gear ends at 135~ 140 mph... and ive had it up there... and im not turboed.. im not supercharged, just exhause, headers and cold air intake.

yeah, its easy to say a Iroc Z is going to beat a LS or a integra GS.... those are lame... no offense...

but stock vs stock a type R will demolish a iroc z

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I just wanted some recommendations for a little power increase...

2q8qybt.jpg

Lol tell me about it... I was looking for some recommendations to and all see is BS and >$3K custom shit...

But like some people said the basics... intake, headers, clutch, maybe the intake manifold or exhaust too... That's what I'm looking to do, and there's also things that lighten your car up which will help: lighter hood, trunk, rims, etc...

http://www.clubintegra.com/store/

I found ^that site to be helpful when looking for performance parts... just find the stuff that fits your car, it's usually cheaper than anywhere else I've seen and free shipping on most, if not everything...

Hope that helps a bit! :drinks: and gL, you should make a build of all the stuff you do with lots of pics lol :yahoo:

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3