Sonic Electronix

what you noobs need to realize shops do what the owner of the vehicle wants them to do. if the owner of the vehicle says put them in the bed. guess what the shop puts them in the bed. its about satisfying the customer. build it and if hes not happy suggest a better way.

Totally agree 110%

Just like the pair of dd2515s we sold a kid for the trunk of his grandprix... There was not the proper room in the trunk for a box to hold 2 15s properly, tried to sell him 12s, even offered him a steal of a deal on a pair of dd3512s just to get him to not want 15s, and still turned it down....

in all honesty the equipment itself sucks, then toss the install on top

The equipment goes back to what 2000LaDe said with satisfying the customer.

Not every customer wants to spend $800plus dollars for a quality 3000ish watt amp. Maybe they seen Lanzars prices and thought, hmm this is doable.

Its up to the shop to tell them the difference between some side brand product and something decent, and even then its the customer that has the final say what is bought.

Living in Cali there are TONS and TONS of car audio shops for this customer to shop around at, get pricing on various items, check out various shops work, and brands they carry.

And AGAIN, its the CUSTOMER that makes the final decision on where he shops, what he buys, and what he wants. The CUSTOMER is always right...

With all that being said, it almost seems like your trying to put the entire blame on this local brick and mortar shop this guy shopped at.

I dont know personally how your company does business, but Ive seen time and time again some random person walking into a car audio shop, and telling them that they want 8 15inch subs, and XXXX amount of wattage, and what normally happens is the sales person usually goes and says yea sure you do, I almost believe this and literally blows that potential customer off. Or they give a price quote and the customer has no idea why it is so expensive, and then finds another shop that will do it for half the cost, with crap audio and crap install.

Now if the customer would of original been explained to why it would be so much, with pictures giving of some other similar builds, and not just some random insanely high price quote, that shop could of made a sale.

honestly not many shops out there keep so busy that they can just turn down an install coming in the door. obviously their construction skills my lack but money is money at this point and time with this economy. not every shop deals with rich boys on a daily basis so they like to get what they can get when they can get it. simple as that.

Our shop is the same exact way, with this econemy we dont have anything "decent" (by decent I mean woofers or amps Id run in my personal vehicle).

We are dealers of many brands (Digital Designs, morel, mtx, pioneer, alpine, and many other top shelf brands) but we have very limited stock, and mostly stock lower line models since these high priced things daily. We mostly survive right now on alarm/remote starts instal, with an occasional full install.

lmao @ them trying to get numbers with the subs inverted in the air like that. I bet they didn't even switch the phase either. ROFL

Phasing on the subs only matter when mixing inverted with non inverted. The worse phasing can do if they're all the same is mess with midbass at the crossover point.

Installs like this make me face palm so hard my teeth chatter.

Totally agree 110%

Just like the pair of dd2515s we sold a kid for the trunk of his grandprix... There was not the proper room in the trunk for a box to hold 2 15s properly, tried to sell him 12s, even offered him a steal of a deal on a pair of dd3512s just to get him to not want 15s, and still turned it down....

The equipment goes back to what 2000LaDe said with satisfying the customer.

Not every customer wants to spend $800plus dollars for a quality 3000ish watt amp. Maybe they seen Lanzars prices and thought, hmm this is doable.

Its up to the shop to tell them the difference between some side brand product and something decent, and even then its the customer that has the final say what is bought.

Living in Cali there are TONS and TONS of car audio shops for this customer to shop around at, get pricing on various items, check out various shops work, and brands they carry.

And AGAIN, its the CUSTOMER that makes the final decision on where he shops, what he buys, and what he wants. The CUSTOMER is always right...

With all that being said, it almost seems like your trying to put the entire blame on this local brick and mortar shop this guy shopped at.

I dont know personally how your company does business, but Ive seen time and time again some random person walking into a car audio shop, and telling them that they want 8 15inch subs, and XXXX amount of wattage, and what normally happens is the sales person usually goes and says yea sure you do, I almost believe this and literally blows that potential customer off. Or they give a price quote and the customer has no idea why it is so expensive, and then finds another shop that will do it for half the cost, with crap audio and crap install.

Now if the customer would of original been explained to why it would be so much, with pictures giving of some other similar builds, and not just some random insanely high price quote, that shop could of made a sale.

Our shop is the same exact way, with this econemy we dont have anything "decent" (by decent I mean woofers or amps Id run in my personal vehicle).

We are dealers of many brands (Digital Designs, morel, mtx, pioneer, alpine, and many other top shelf brands) but we have very limited stock, and mostly stock lower line models since these high priced things daily. We mostly survive right now on alarm/remote starts instal, with an occasional full install.

Too long, didn't read.

Just kidding, well said brian.

I facepalmed so hard I think I have a concussion.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Fail.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

what you noobs need to realize shops do what the owner of the vehicle wants them to do. if the owner of the vehicle says put them in the bed. guess what the shop puts them in the bed. its about satisfying the customer. build it and if hes not happy suggest a better way.

Lol @ you calling people noobs. Let me see...the customer MAY have brought in the equipment, the customer MAY have said put it in the bed...but in the end it was the shop that built that horrible enclosure, port looked ugly and inefficient, and the setup was not at all quality. THAT is the shops responsibility.

Not to mention, a customer may ask for something but it is the shop's responsibility to provide the expertise to mesh the customer's plan with their audio knowledge.

Do you pay for a lawyer, and tell him what to do? You're paying for a service. You're paying for their knowledge and experience. If not, then you deserve to lose your money.

And I'm going to assume all the equipment was purchased from the shop.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

will somone get with the owner and build him a proper blow through box? might actually put up a decent number..

cone area is cone area

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

The Shop holds responsibility for that BS install quality...Yes the equipment may suck but if the owner is happy with it then install it and make it look good...

I agree with James on the aspect taht the shitty quality makes people not trust all audio shops after dealing with that horrible attempt at a decent setup

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived