Ray Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 i charge double. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Tek Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 Me and my friend were talking about me working on some things for him when he gets his car, and I of course wouldn't charge somebody who is like a brother to me in a way. However, I want to know what YOU do. One of my friends wants gas money every time he dusts a crumb off the seat Depends on how you look at it or if you are hurting for money... When I have friends do something for me, I pay them even if they don't want it because almost everyone is short on money nowadays... Also, time is money... as a friend I feel that I would pay my friend more because I want to help and support them as well. As for someone asking for gas every time they go somewhere... I understand that because of how expensive gas is and the fact that there is insurance, the car and wear and tear... If I take someone somewhere when I am short on money I ask for gas money at least... And when someone drives me somewhere or does something for me, I pay them more than gas everytime.. I don't give them the option to ask for gas money... I immediatly tell them I will pay... oh yeah normally when I do something for a friend, they just hook me up with food or gas later on down the road as a courtesy thing. The gas money thing- I used that as a figure of speech, sort of like "beer money" or something like that. i charge double. lmao thats funny as hell. good sheeeit.
kingsuv Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Look if you are professional in what you do, then your friends will pay for your services. Time is money and if they understand that then they will pay. It is no different then if one of my friends did say tile work. Should he tile my whole house for free cause we are friends? Hell no. Do I give my friends a break on price? of course I do. Now, if your some young hack installer, then you better be doing it for free. because if your not good enough to be doing it for a living then you shouldn't be charging like you are. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 I dont charge, only because I help them for free and they help me for free LOL The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
Tek Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 Now, if your some young hack installer, then you better be doing it for free. because if your not good enough to be doing it for a living then you shouldn't be charging like you are. X2! somebody I know had his friend put underglow on his car for him.. the hole he drilled through the car was out of this world. and to think he wanted money at first..
Stephen Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 we usually do trades or work on it together. I installed a headunit in my buddys nissan after the previous owner cut the harness plug off, i did that for free. im about to install speakers and an amp in his truck and he is going to get in my attic and run wires for my DVR and security cameras. you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
uhoh_45 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 good friends no its this for that a 6 pack or something but my good good friends i put them to work so they learn (they want to get better at audios) R.I.P! (Nov-29-2009) 92 explorer - 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz BUILD LOG current build 97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0 lumina build log
superdave07 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 im the same way, my close friends get to buy lunch or somethin... as far as my brother, id charge him hourly lol but my brother is a different story all together. Im interested in this topic, because i do a lot of work for people, and never charge, but i dont seem to get anything in return...ever. guess i should start chargin Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5 36 Ford * 51 Mercury looking for wire sponsor www.flyracing.com
98crewcab Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 No chargin here....a kick down here and there is always accepted though. If they offer some dough, then makes it even better. But I dont expect it. 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.