shops you think know a little dont know anything in the end

no arguing from me bro these guys like to find idiots who own a shop then get on here and spout off like they are audio pros and know it all and that all shop owners are therefore idiots so I thought I would share just one of many stories you could here in my friends shop of idiots who came in and they definitely did not know there ass from a hole in the ground when it came to set up and installation of car audio

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

no arguing from me bro these guys like to find idiots who own a shop then get on here and spout off like they are audio pros and know it all and that all shop owners are therefore idiots so I thought I would share just one of many stories you could here in my friends shop of idiots who came in and they definitely did not know there ass from a hole in the ground when it came to set up and installation of car audio

Been there man I've actually been in Defiant when some of these people come in and god damn its sad and funny at the same time. Elliot at Defiant can deff install well no doubt but then you have shops like Audio unlimited... ugh just a sad sad excuse for a shop :nea:

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

all shops are not equal. I have been installing for 10 years and I cant stand it to hear about some of these shops screwing people. We aren't all the same. Some of us actually care. I have seen shops in my town run 4 guage wires through the door jam and actually charge someone for it.

That comment about the voice coil being a spare in case you blow the other one completely made my day!

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

I apologize, smoke.

I think a lot of shops have become lazy and complacent. But there is a responsibility on both parties shoulders. It is the responsibility of the shop to stay updated to the advancement in technology and the audio world, but its also the responsibility of the consumer to make wise, and informed decisions.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I apologize, smoke.

I think a lot of shops have become lazy and complacent. But there is a responsibility on both parties shoulders. It is the responsibility of the shop to stay updated to the advancement in technology and the audio world, but its also the responsibility of the consumer to make wise, and informed decisions.

this 100%^^^^^^^

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Ohh hmm okay so let me get this straight, by you saying you can name some sealed builds that are loud as shit, for no reason what so ever, you just wanted to throw it in there? isn't post dumping? Shit I post dump too but only in threads that are meant to be spammed.

the guy he was talkin to said that ported will always be louder than sealed. so saying he can "think" of some loud as shit sealed setups. not post dumping imo. some shops are good, some are bad. i went to a shop that didnt know much, but neither did i. i paid them because i didnt know. cant complain bout it now, ya know?

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

ive worked at two different shops over the last year and ive certainly heard my share of stories about this kinda stuff. anytime i have to help a customer i do my best to answer their question. and if i dont know the answer i find an answer. i always solder doing alarms, decks, speakers and actually dmm amps when i install them. now on the other hand me and my boss are always butting heads because hes there to make money and while he has "12 years experience" i still school him on stuff. i told him once that i wanted a crescendo 3kwp and two 15 dc level 4s and then showed him the stuff and he said it wasnt good because he'd never heard of it before. but being as he has been in the game for 12 years at shops he really only has experienced mainstream equipment. the biggest reason shops dont sell brands like dc, fi, sundown is because customers havent really heard of those brands so its much harder to sell. ask anyone with a system in their car and almost all have heard of kicker and "know" jl audio is the best because the w7 costs $1k+. its ridiculous. but this is the world i work in. so i have to just work with what ive got. so im constantly selling soundstream, jl audio, kicker, and rockford stuff because thats what people know so thats what they buy. fortunately i have a passion for this industry and want to learn every aspect of it that i can and excel in every way possible. eventually i will probably have to split from working at shops because of how arrogant some people are.

my point is that not all shops are clueless to the car audio world and why things are how they are. so dont think that just cuz one is that they all are. unfortunately some of you may be stuck in places with clueless shops that dont really know or understand what they are doing. but thats what seperates us from everyone else. anyone can read an amp manual and install an amp, anyone can wire two subs together and mount them in a prefab. but we know and understand why we do what we do and that its the right way to do it. /rant

tl;dr ubt 99% of shops suck ass. Internet and brains ftw.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I totally agree with the idea that shops are just trying to take customers money. I was at one of the local shops around me and was talking to one of the main guys there, and after a 10 minute convo we got on the subject of my system & my dimming headlights/big 3 blah blah blah (I was there to buy a fuse for my alt + line) and he tells me "Nah man just toss a cap in the back, that'll stop the dimming and you'll be good for another xxx watts" and proceeds to show me a 50 dollar cap. Now I don't know if he was just trying to sell me a cap because he thought I didn't know anything, or if he really thought a cap would help. He didn't know what the big 3, was let alone why I needed a 250 amp fuse, so I'm assuming he really thought it would help.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

I had a shop arguing with me that you can't run 8gauge power wire as speaker wire, "you have to use 12 gauge speaker wire!"

Lol, I bet Trippi and the guy with the 4 lvl 5s on 40,000+ wrms use 12 gauge then

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived