Second Skin Audio

Hatchback Box?

what sub/port configuration would you do?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. what sub/port configuration?

• sub&port up..
    • Sub back port up
    • Sub up port to the side
    • sub and port back.
    • other?

i like sub up port up if its a daily and the hatch will be used for storage. you cant endup with stuff in the box or the woofer screwed up because soemthing went through the cone.

O yea its daily for sure.. Just trying to give my team mate my best deisgn. just haven't worked with a car like his but its looking like sub and port up it is

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Subs up Port up is generally louder to ear.. Subs up Port back is generally louder to mic

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I did my hyundai like that so i could throw my softball shit back there and not worry about a bat sticking through a cone and stuff. best part is the seat backs angle for the backseat so you can probably get the amp in that space and he mihgt tsill have useable space.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I did my hyundai like that so i could throw my softball shit back there and not worry about a bat sticking through a cone and stuff. best part is the seat backs angle for the backseat so you can probably get the amp in that space and he mihgt tsill have useable space.

yea we're installing it all tomorrow he doesn't want us to hide the wires... i dno why but less for me to do some im cool with it. from there it will be shipped to Washington(state) where he is stationed and he'll have fro game on it. Its looking like sub up port driver side it will be

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

My buddy has one of those. He did sub up port up cause of room issues. He had 2 15 Mayhems. We never got to meter it so I can't say what it did. I'm pretty sure it was close to a 150 though.

damn that must of been a small port when i saw the car i only had 36 wide.. does he have the dimensions of his box?

Port isn't that small. ~5inchs wide. ~16 tall...

I don't have exact dim. But I'll see if I can get them for you.

I managed to do 45s at 35hz with a sealed box and 2 XL 15s with 3000w...

subs up...

if you can do subs up port up I would go for it, but if you have the $$ for a few boxes try a sealed box, I took the rec ported and cut it in half per sub for sealed, seemed to work good.

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I got a 240sx hatchback. I did sub up port up with my 15. Sub is a few inches off glass and it flexes the whole hatch a good inch @ times. Also had two tens, subs up, port back. It sounded like it hit a little lower but had more rattle in taillights

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

im building it tomorrow

John, what did you wind up doing?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I have a accord wagon with a prototype 15 on a JBL bpx2200.1. With the sub up and vent to the pass side. I have had the best results this way. Loudest and best sounding thing

I have had on my amp to date

an accord wagon is more like a SUV though, from the looks of it.. a hatch is a little bit different

Team DC Audio