FI BTL-N3 Released

With all this drama I'm switching to dc subs... iv been dreaming of owning a btl for years and now I'm not feeling the love in the FI fourm anymore. Plus nobody has a cooler name then rusty! But I will say I. Am drooling over the motor structure on this bad boy.

DEUCES!

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

With all this drama I'm switching to dc subs... iv been dreaming of owning a btl for years and now I'm not feeling the love in the FI fourm anymore. Plus nobody has a cooler name then rusty! But I will say I. Am drooling over the motor structure on this bad boy.

Lol, this is about one of the worst reasons why you would switch subwoofers. :peepwall:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

For the sake of the discussion..

Fs has absolutely nothing to do with frequency response...you are not going to completely lose bottom end if you tune a sub with a 50Hz Fs to 33Hz..it is not going to shred itself, it is not going to fall apart. However if you do drop below your port tuning frequency without a subsonic filter you will shred the parts in a heart beat.

We've geared it for SPL oriented installs, even though we know that most people that buy it will be playing music on them. We do not feel that it is ideal...but it is not like it is going to explode either. The N2 is simply more optimal for a daily driving and musical scenario.

Too much motor strength is a very real thing, it causes a dip in the response curve around 48-75Hz if the enclosure is tuned around 35Hz. The N3, will have this issue. The N2 does not. N2 is much smoother in response. Most people will never be able to hear the difference nor will they notice or care. We just feel that we need to say that the N2 is more ideal for daily driving, the N3 is more ideal for SPL oriented installs. They are both still subwoofers and they will both still do the job that they were meant to do fine.

We just feel that it's not ideal for daily driving...99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference as pretty much everybody that would buy one of them is a bass head and never listens to their music under 145-150dB.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

You sir are just stupid. Your switching to DC because everyone on the forum loves DC and they've moved from Fi. And omg the name is cooler holy shit. Thank god ppl dont buy shit on the name basis the shit people would buy would be retarded. Perhaps ill stay with the company who designs their own products instead of buying China motors and changing some soft parts. :pardon:

For the sake of the discussion..

Fs has absolutely nothing to do with frequency response...you are not going to completely lose bottom end if you tune a sub with a 50Hz Fs to 33Hz..it is not going to shred itself, it is not going to fall apart. However if you do drop below your port tuning frequency without a subsonic filter you will shred the parts in a heart beat.

We've geared it for SPL oriented installs, even though we know that most people that buy it will be playing music on them. We do not feel that it is ideal...but it is not like it is going to explode either. The N2 is simply more optimal for a daily driving and musical scenario.

Too much motor strength is a very real thing, it causes a dip in the response curve around 48-75Hz if the enclosure is tuned around 35Hz. The N3, will have this issue. The N2 does not. N2 is much smoother in response. Most people will never be able to hear the difference nor will they notice or care. We just feel that we need to say that the N2 is more ideal for daily driving, the N3 is more ideal for SPL oriented installs. They are both still subwoofers and they will both still do the job that they were meant to do fine.

We just feel that it's not ideal for daily driving...99% of people wouldn't be able to tell the difference as pretty much everybody that would buy one of them is a bass head and never listens to their music under 145-150dB.

Glad to see you chime in Nick

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

To bad I haven't posted on ca.com hardly in two years? What does that have to do with anything? Are you saying I'll get set in my place by a buncha noobies?

It has to do with you being a chode on here because you needed some place to seem tough. In the short time I've been here I haven't seen hardly a single post of yours that isn't dripping with passive aggressive undertones. Instead of being helpful you just like to add your useless two cents and be a douche about it.

Just an observation.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

This sub has CRX written all over it!!!!

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

This sub has CRX written all over it!!!!

Those damn hoodlums vandalizing everything.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I think this qualifies for a video reply Nick. I am still laughing at the last ones.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

I cant wait to see #s from people

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived