Jump to content

Inexpensive hobbies when you're bored


Recommended Posts

Posted

play pool. Not at a bar with only 2 tables, at a pool hall. I happen to play at a bar that doubles as a pool hall. But you get the point. Lots of characters there.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

I don't know of any cheap hobbies, so this is a friendly warning; stay away from cigars! LOL

I started buying a few at a time so I wouldn't have to go the store so often, then a few boxes appeard so I could have a few of each kind I liked. I skipped a humidor and went straight to a converted wine fridge. 4 fridges and multiple coolers full of Cubans later, I'm building a walk-in humidor in my basement, and don't have money for any other hobbies like car audio :-( (nice problem to have tho)

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Posted

You could always look into taking a class or two at a local community college. It would be fairly inexpensive and if you took a class here and there in a while youd end up with a certificate. I mean like Windows certified C++ if your into computers, or theres tons of automotive lil classes like one or two nights a week.

School sounds gay, but as long as the subject matter is ok with you, learning can be alot of fun.

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

Another idea: :P

Gardening...

I mean idk about you but i LOVE tomatoes and no one in my house likes tomatoes... LAME

So I bought one of those Topsy turvy things, and it was kinda fun. Ill prolly do it again this summer. Me n my uncle are gonna have a competition.

My girl wanted some flowers so we planted those.. I planted a watermellon..... DUDE that thing got huge it was kinda cool.

Super cheap too, and it really only takes 5 min a day to water and that all you gotta do.

Things do get more involved if something happens to your plant like fungus or rotting and things, but overall you would spend 100 bux MAX on dirt, plant food, the topsy turvy, the tomato plant, upkeep products calcium anti fungul etc etc, something to hang it on.

But really it can be done with a $5 paint bucket from home depot, a $2 tomato plant, and you could (depending on where you live) use the dirt in your back yard.

Thats CHEAP!

nothing like some fried green tomatoes though......... MMMM

anyway theres a million videos on youtube, and I have quite a few myself if your interested

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

i play disc golf, you can get started for less than 20 bucks at least here. average course length is anywhere up to a mile maybe, or more, so its pretty low impact but i find it fun and its not bad exercise

Best sport to play while your hammered? ^^^^^^^^ has my vote hands down! :drinks::woot:

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Posted

Get some dance lessons, you can get a lot of chicks if you dance well hehe, maybe take some martial arts lessons, aikido FTW!! :)

I don´t have for hobbies, but i do drink A LOT, it´s fun and cheap if you drink crappy beers like i do hahaha

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Posted

Cough cough...shorin ryu...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

This made me lol.

Not makein fun, just the way it was worded.

I whatch tv! I also ride bmx and golf but its been to cold for that shit. If im not whatchin tv im searching interesting stuff that i see on tv.

Another idea: :P

Gardening...

I mean idk about you but i LOVE tomatoes and no one in my house likes tomatoes... LAME

So I bought one of those Topsy turvy things, and it was kinda fun. Ill prolly do it again this summer. Me n my uncle are gonna have a competition.

My girl wanted some flowers so we planted those.. I planted a watermellon..... DUDE that thing got huge it was kinda cool.

Super cheap too, and it really only takes 5 min a day to water and that all you gotta do.

Things do get more involved if something happens to your plant like fungus or rotting and things, but overall you would spend 100 bux MAX on dirt, plant food, the topsy turvy, the tomato plant, upkeep products calcium anti fungul etc etc, something to hang it on.

But really it can be done with a $5 paint bucket from home depot, a $2 tomato plant, and you could (depending on where you live) use the dirt in your back yard.

Thats CHEAP!

nothing like some fried green tomatoes though......... MMMM

anyway theres a million videos on youtube, and I have quite a few myself if your interested

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 3987 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...