Sundown Audio

"Monster" v.2 Prototype Due Soon

Few other points...

1) The stock spider will be the Z v.3 style spiders with an extra layer added -- just like the prototype I built up.

2) In addition to the extra layer I am looking at triple lead wires standard.

3) The power rating will naturally be more than 2000... I was thinking 2500 or so as our rating on it.

4) In addition to the 12-layer flats I will probably stock an 8-layer round coil as well.

---

Pricing is pending. Obviously a bit more than the NS v.2 as the motor has MUCH more machine time in it and more material plus the coils cost more. It will be based on the difference in actual production cost and no more than that.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

No, I have not. I may stay away from Neo sub-woofers entirely for a while.

I like this, i don't really like neos. They de-magnetize over time, so i would never buy one.

"Sintered Nd-Fe-B magnets will remain magnetized indefinitely. They experience a miniscule reduction in flux density over time. As long as their physical properties remain intact, neodymium magnets will likely loose less than1% of their flux density over 100 years. Generally the magnet will experience a degradation in its physical properties, such as corrosion, prior to it demagnetizing because of age. However, heat and high magnetic fields can demagnetize these magnets."

"if you heat them beyond 170 degrees Fahrenheit (80 degrees Celsius) the magnets will begin to loose their magnetic properties. Sustaining these temperatures for a length of time or heating the magnet significantly higher than this will permanently demagnetize it. Other types of magnets such as Samarium-Cobalt have higher heat resistance. There are also other types of Nd-Fe-B magnets that are not as susceptible to heat induced flux degradation."

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Pricing is pending. Obviously a bit more than the NS v.2 as the motor has MUCH more machine time in it and more material plus the coils cost more. It will be based on the difference in actual production cost and no more than that.

Well how much were the NS V2's? Just trying to see all my options when I get a new sub, happen to be looking for a 2500rms with D2's...

Nevermind, found it.

Edited by Lbox88

CIMG5786.JPG

CIMG5787.JPG

Lol I have the same scale at work too

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Oh Yeah APO shipping is a go.When will the presale happen?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg