Sonic Electronix

What's the "bass volume" on your hu set up?

If your gain is set low "at 10 o'clock" (slight turn) or way to high at almost a full turn "10 o'clock"

If your bass boost on you hu is turned way up that'll funk your world up no matter what power your amp is rated for

My gain is very low at the moment, only like half inch above 0 on my amp.

My HU is a Clarion DVD unit VRX755. It has BASS BOOST (ON or OFF) and you can adjust the Bass, it has Gain (goes from 0 db to 16db), it has Freq (goes from 50hz to 120hz) and it has a Q function (goes from 1 to 2). Same thing for mids and highs.

How are those HU settings set... Especially bass boost, if it's on cut it off immediately. Remember, a volume knob is not a gain knob.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

My Kenwood is similar:

Bass is set at 0 but the freq I have at 80hz (just changed from 100hz last night), q-factor not sure, probably 1

Mid: 1.5hz and 1Q-Factor

Treble: 12.5hz

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

If your gain is set low "at 10 o'clock" (slight turn) or way to high at almost a full turn "10 o'clock"

If your bass boost on you hu is turned way up that'll funk your world up no matter what power your amp is rated for

My HU is a Clarion DVD unit VRX755. It has BASS BOOST (ON or OFF) and you can adjust the Bass, it has Gain (goes from 0 db to 16db), it has Freq (goes from 50hz to 120hz) and it has a Q function (goes from 1 to 2). Same thing for mids and highs.

How are those HU settings set... Especially bass boost, if it's on cut it off immediately. Remember, a volume knob is not a gain knob.

It is called Magna Bass EX and it is in ON position, the Bass setting is at 6 db, freq is at 80hz and Q-funct is at 1.

The thing is that if i turn off the MBEX, i barely get a sound out of my sub (i don't get it).

holy hell. don't use the mbeq and set your head unit up right.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It is called Magna Bass EX and it is in ON position, the Bass setting is at 6 db, freq is at 80hz and Q-funct is at 1.

The thing is that if i turn off the MBEX, i barely get a sound out of my sub (i don't get it).

Turn MBEX off, then adjust your gain properly. The bass boost is causing the clipping thats heating your sub up. Likely you could cut it off and turn the gain up to gain the lost volume back and be sending it a clean note.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

You started blasting away without any "break-in" period? Some people dont agree with this but many people do, new audio should be treated like a new engine, gradually broken in.....dont just go balls to the walls. :werd_msword:

Yes a subwoofer is like a engine as opposed to breaking in.

You don't break it in. You drive the car normally and even a bit harder in the beginning so the seals set correctly or else you lose hp and mileage and reliability(sp?).

ANd a sub you just set everything right and start playiny as you want it to play. No need for breaking in. Except when you have a subwoofer with HARD and multiple spiders.

Break in period, just means the time it needs to get to its T/S parameters, loosening up the spiders. It doesn't do anything else.

No need for the MBEX, i think thats a line driver? Don't use bassboost nor just set the gains by ear.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Readjust your gain with the MBEX off. If you take an OScope and look at the difference in the waves when the bass boost is turned on or up, clipping occurs almost right away. Pretty interesting to watch. All you can do is play around with your settings. You should be able to get the same output with the Magna Bass on as off, with your gains adjusted properly.

Archived