The Difference..

NDMstang65

got a quick question

from my reading asendant audio and Fi are the same company correct?

if thats so how close do Fi and AA work together are all the subs built in the same shop or is there a complete separate shop for the aa orders?

just courious

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

I have read on here somewhere that the neo magnets lose there magnetism over time is this right?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Great pictures, Thanks for sharing a bit of what goes on behind the scene's. I respect the 7 - 14 day build time some models have. I think that for the amount of work you have "in house" you guys are knocking orders out pretty fast. Keep up the good work.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

I have read on here somewhere that the neo magnets lose there magnetism over time is this right?

They do with exposure to increasing heat, hence why the BTL's have heatsinks. They've done the thermal testing.

1992 GMC Sonoma

2008 MECA S1 Champ, 2010 MECA S2 Champ

This is correct to a certain point.

However the temperature where the neodymium motors start to lose strength is so hot that your voice coils would usually fail long before this happening. I thought I also heard of this happening to normal ferrite magnets too tho.

Also the grad of neodymium being used plays a big part too, the higher the quality neo will be more prone to heat then a lower grade neo if I remember correctly, and even at that point a lower grade neodymium magnet is still going to be way stronger then a normal ferrite magnet.

You must also not that the motor strength lost will come back as the motor cools down. So its not like it loses its motor force forever.

With added heat you also see a higher impedance rise too resulting in less power being giving to the woofer from the amp.

If neodymium was so bad, it wouldn't be used by several companies.

The thing that I love with Fi using neodymium is the price of the product. You look at the old style BTLs with a triple stacked, double stacked, or the single slug ferrite motors and you will notice the price has not changed much at all for the ferrite vs neo motors. You are also getting newer technology too! Not the same ol same ol thing that has been around forever.

If you look at any other Neodymium Subwoofer by other companies (dc lvl 6, DD 9500z/9100z/or just the Z, Incriminator Audio Neo Warden, etc) you will notice that all these woofers retail for over $1000, hell even the MAP pricing on most these other neo woofers cost $900 plus.

I have been a Fi customer, and a "other company" customer, and from a build standpoint, Fi makes a very solid product.

Now if you are saying hey support the good ol' US of A by buying Fi products, I understand that.

If you are implying products parts machined in other countries are inferior to USA products, that may not be true. In mass production quality may suffer, but when " other companies" wait for product in small quantities, those parts are generally just as good quality.

Out of country manufacturing must be TOP notch for "other companies" or the product would not be proven like it is. Customers buy certain brands not for their proven performance. Oddly, most of the FTMFW win crowd DO NOT own high end product. They are just dreamers and forum trolls....

Now that said, Fi is a very solid, test proven, durable product. But mistakes are made in any process American made or not.

I'm not advocating for any brand, and I would wait again and run Fi products easily.

But overseas machining has come a LONG way. I have seen some of these shops directly through business I have done while overseas. They aren't the small archaic sweat shops of days of old....

Now if Fi really wanted to play the patriot role, buy the equipment or outsource the basket making to right here in the good ol' US of A. Raise customer pricing, you could put 100% made and assembled in the USA! But we all know in the age of Walmart etc, the patriot approach generally doesn't sell more product as compared to better pricing options.

Just something to think about. So before I get a snarky response from Nick, I'm not downing Fi at all. I'm just bringing up a thought for people to ponder.

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

Is Fi still planning on releasing the N1?

I know its on the back burner, but I have not heard anything on it for months.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Sg pics please :) idc if it a photoshop lol

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

This is correct to a certain point.

However the temperature where the neodymium motors start to lose strength is so hot that your voice coils would usually fail long before this happening. I thought I also heard of this happening to normal ferrite magnets too tho.

Also the grad of neodymium being used plays a big part too, the higher the quality neo will be more prone to heat then a lower grade neo if I remember correctly, and even at that point a lower grade neodymium magnet is still going to be way stronger then a normal ferrite magnet.

You must also not that the motor strength lost will come back as the motor cools down. So its not like it loses its motor force forever.

With added heat you also see a higher impedance rise too resulting in less power being giving to the woofer from the amp.

If neodymium was so bad, it wouldn't be used by several companies.

The thing that I love with Fi using neodymium is the price of the product. You look at the old style BTLs with a triple stacked, double stacked, or the single slug ferrite motors and you will notice the price has not changed much at all for the ferrite vs neo motors. You are also getting newer technology too! Not the same ol same ol thing that has been around forever.

If you look at any other Neodymium Subwoofer by other companies (dc lvl 6, DD 9500z/9100z/or just the Z, Incriminator Audio Neo Warden, etc) you will notice that all these woofers retail for over $1000, hell even the MAP pricing on most these other neo woofers cost $900 plus.

As our pricing goes up on Neo as it literally changes every 3 days we have to change our price structure..but it's simply the difference in cost of the raw materials itself! Not out to break one off in anybody by anymeans :)

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived