Read now!!! Yes, this means joo

Ray

can we get less chat kicking ... ill enter chat not say anything at all and within a minute im kicked ... not mad or complaining but does get old after about 6 times.

I have to agree with this...I quit trying to go into chat after getting kicked repeatedly only a minute or two after getting in. I've never had any problems/warning/etc. from chat or the forum, so I don't understand why.

Also, I 99.99% agree with what Ray is saying. The .01% that I do not agree with, is when someone repeatedly continues to post ignorant bullshit just to increase their post count, repeatedly posts false/inaccurate information, people who post threads/builds and refuse to accept when they make a mistake and get shitty when you try to politely bring it to their attention, and those who intentionally try to start drama, hurt feelings, and generally being assholes. There seems to be a significant increase in new members, which is great! However, the number of threads that are pointless pipe dreams, posted in wrong sections, and other behavior that is obviously against forum rules have also increased a lot. Maybe there needs to be a "New Member" section where you have to read and somehow acknowledge your acceptance to the given rules, or your account is temporarily suspended/banned. Its just an idea to help new members to read, understand, comprehend, and comply with the rules here.

Overall, I feel that this is the best audio forum on the Internet...period. Yes there have been some issues lately and in the past, but the way its all been handled has been so much better than what I have seen from other audio forums and forums in general. I think that the mods and admins that are on here are actually quite fair, however I wonder if there needs to be a few more added to lighten the "workload" for each mod/admin. I know there are several admins that I've seen on here in the past, but I haven't seen around in a long time. Keep up the good work guys; you've built one of the best forums and I hope to see this site continue to grow.

Please understand that all of this is just one person's opinion/view of things, and in no way is meant to be disrespectful whatsoever. Thanks.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

thank you ray. it was to the point where i didnt even want to post anymore because i didnt want to be mixed in with all the :bull: i hope this fixes that issue. i absolutely love this forum, but lately its just been depressing.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

fpor those of you worrying about chat. its buggy. sometimes it just kicks you. Ive tried to adjust the timers but it seems to do what it wants. It does that to me even. Ill be in chat go take a leak or grab something out the fridge and i get kicked. Its not always someone playing around. unless your grim. I kick him every time i go in lol. some members cant even get into chat. dont ask me why it just is what it is.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

fpor those of you worrying about chat. its buggy. sometimes it just kicks you. Ive tried to adjust the timers but it seems to do what it wants. It does that to me even. Ill be in chat go take a leak or grab something out the fridge and i get kicked. Its not always someone playing around. unless your grim. I kick him every time i go in lol. some members cant even get into chat. dont ask me why it just is what it is.

i feel the love at the end of each one of them kicks though :wub:

i agree with this thread MOSTLY. I want this forum to be a place you can post and not have 100 people talk major shit about you, like some other shitty ass forums out there.

On the other hand, some people are WAY to sensitive. It don't matter what you say, doesn't no matter how nice you say it.....some people go ballistic over basically nothing. Ive had people say some shit to me you wouldn't believe, and all over them being denied selling something in the for sale section (and being warned for it).

i personally don't see too much outright shit talking about someones system, or brand "bashing" no matter how bad......if there is and a mod see's it, usually its taken care of quick. There is well over 35,000 registered members here and everyone has a different personality and everybody's post, being IN TEXT can be taken the wrong way. We do our best to keep this place a mostly positive forum but some things we will never have control of completely.

Picture this. Someone is being extremely hateful or negative towards someone else. We warn that guy and tell him to settle down. He throws a MAJOR FIT and tells everyone on 10 forums how much we suck.

Picture this. Someone is being extremely hateful and we do nothing about it. You guys make posts about how we suck and our forum is going down hill.

Picture this, most people are nice to eachother, we talk UP their build, even if its not that great. We tell you your car is nice, even though its not what (we) would buy because (we) dont like that car. But (we) are nice about it anyway because that is the way people should be. If you dont have something nice to say, dont say it at all. Then the posts about how everyone is a nut-hugger come out. Because being kind to your fellow member and complimenting him somehow makes you an ass kisser.

So really, you cant win. We will just try to decipher what is good and bad. Some of you are gonna think this forum is GREAT, others will think it sucks....some will say it sucks but yet have HUGE POST COUNTS (in other words you hate it so much you cant stay away).

I think the mods do a good job but if some people get their feelings hurt a little to easy, we cant really do anything about that. :shrug:

No matter what anyone says about this forum, NOBODY HAS EVER been banned for being cool and getting along with others. You get banned if you deserve it. To those that have been here for 5 1/2 years with ZERO problems whatsoever, thank you for making it a great place to be. :drinks:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I agree too, I have seen some bashing and bullshit on here too. I know some of it was towards things I have posted, and I do realize that sometimes I did deserive it. (Ok so spelling not my strong point :drink40: ) Also I know that most of what I have posted hasn't been audio related, but when I did post audio related stuff recently it's fallin on deaf ears. So lets keep this forum going and try to make it the best on the net.

Archived