*5/19/13 Vid!* and some *SURPRISES!* coming! 95 Bonneville SSE Walled (DC, Cactus Sounds)

i was reading up on the latex paint and glass and from what i gathered its going to peal/flake off????

my friend, pablo, told me that it would shrink and flake because of heat and sunlight.

but i put on 4 coats of this paint while it was hot, direct sunlight, and with a heat lamp on it, so hopefully the paint dont shrink and flake with the stress test i put on it.

i just checked it this morning, and the paint seems fine... for now, its still really hard and thick

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Nice idea on the windows BFF....hmm. And I wouldnt be too worried about it flaking and peeling off, as long as you cleaned the glass well and dont fuck with it, itll stay put. I had a dodge ram years ago and thats how we blacked out the glass on the camper shell it had on the bed and it help up fine, year round for like 5 years or so. I mean itll peel if you gouge it or something but if its just sittin back there not gettin messed with itll last a while, plus it is easy to touch up if it does get nicked.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

i was reading up on the latex paint and glass and from what i gathered its going to peal/flake off????

my friend, pablo, told me that it would shrink and flake because of heat and sunlight.

but i put on 4 coats of this paint while it was hot, direct sunlight, and with a heat lamp on it, so hopefully the paint dont shrink and flake with the stress test i put on it.

i just checked it this morning, and the paint seems fine... for now, its still really hard and thick

i was wanting to do that myself then googled it and thats what i got so i'll let you be the Guinea pig haha

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Nice idea on the windows BFF....hmm. And I wouldnt be too worried about it flaking and peeling off, as long as you cleaned the glass well and dont fuck with it, itll stay put. I had a dodge ram years ago and thats how we blacked out the glass on the camper shell it had on the bed and it help up fine, year round for like 5 years or so. I mean itll peel if you gouge it or something but if its just sittin back there not gettin messed with itll last a while, plus it is easy to touch up if it does get nicked.

i was wanting to do that myself then googled it and thats what i got so i'll let you be the Guinea pig haha

Thank you BigSix for suggesting latex paint. I was looking to redo the windows but knew what happened with spray paint ( from Steven, varietyguy)

and uhoh, ill keep u updated on the windows and how they turn out, BigSix said they would be fine if they arent touched

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Update: 04/13/12

the paint has been holding up well!

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

time for beauty panels

Yes!

I was looking at noobtastics build and saw that he cut some sheet metal.

Yessir I did.

I used .100" 2024 T3 aluminum.

This particular metal is thick which gives it some strength but it is a very soft aluminum so I can cut it and work it with mostly woodworking tools (flush trim router bit, table saw, jig saw w/metal blade) This makes it sturdy when on the wall face but very very easy to work with before it goes up.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ah snap, ^^^^

thanks for the info, Drew.

did you purchase this locally?

or online?

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

I'd say it's gonna be cheaper to buy it locally. You'd save on shipping for sure. That's just my 2 cents. Unless Drew knows a good online supplier. Which he probably does. Drew is a cornucopia of knowledge lately.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I've always been a wealth of knowledge spreading the seed of good will towards mankind.

Although I did not purchase my material locally, I would recommend looking at your local metal supply shops for material before shopping online. I lucked out and got my material as scrap from your neighborhood US Government Air Force Base.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Ha, I love government handouts. I'm getting my Hawker batts from Fort Eustis lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived