November 2011 SOTM Nominees - Sponsored by Rockford Fosgate

Sign me up!!! Here is my build log!!!

Edit: it's not working for some reason

www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112813-91-civic-hatchback-been-waiting-to-post-this/page__gopid__1577778#entry1577778

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I think I would like to give it a shot

Me??

sorry but i gotta decline...its way to messy. if your entering a contest for best system you gotta have more pride in your work and clean it up a bit

I know I wont have time to clean it up before voting starts so maybe next month or something. But I did do the best I could with what I had. I do have an idea of how to make it look better.

I think that the real point of SOTM has gotten lost lately. Everyone is entering for the free equipment, which is being graciously donated by a supporting vendor every month. Even on months that there is no sponsor for SOTM, Steve steps up and has put of cash out of his own pocket as a prize. Steve and the supporting vendors dont have do put up anything for a prize for SOTM, BUT they do it for us. SOTM is for braggin rights for the month that you have the baddest system entered that month. If you want a shot at winning SOTM, put in alot of time and love into you build and get it looking right. You dont have to put $10000 into your system to have a good looking setup, all it takes is time and labor which if you do the work yourself is free. This forum has more to offer to its members than ANY other car audio forum on the internet. I have learned everything that I know from this site and trial and error working on my own truck, and I would like to think that my current build shows how much I have learned over the past 2 years. SOTM is supposed to a fun contest that is for bragging rights and not a pissing contest for people that just come here for the free stuff. No one is going to vote for someone that comes here just looking for a hand out. If you want a chance at SOTM, become a contributing member of the forum and gain the respect of the members here.

I cannot reiterate this enough. Winning SOTM was the best feeling of accomplishment i've had in a long time. I put a lot of time into making my car what I thought was worthy of entering, and when I won, I was blown away. The prize is nothing compared to the pride of winning a SOTM(no offense to the partners putting up these great packages each month).

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I think that the real point of SOTM has gotten lost lately. Everyone is entering for the free equipment, which is being graciously donated by a supporting vendor every month. Even on months that there is no sponsor for SOTM, Steve steps up and has put of cash out of his own pocket as a prize. Steve and the supporting vendors dont have do put up anything for a prize for SOTM, BUT they do it for us. SOTM is for braggin rights for the month that you have the baddest system entered that month. If you want a shot at winning SOTM, put in alot of time and love into you build and get it looking right. You dont have to put $10000 into your system to have a good looking setup, all it takes is time and labor which if you do the work yourself is free. This forum has more to offer to its members than ANY other car audio forum on the internet. I have learned everything that I know from this site and trial and error working on my own truck, and I would like to think that my current build shows how much I have learned over the past 2 years. SOTM is supposed to a fun contest that is for bragging rights and not a pissing contest for people that just come here for the free stuff. No one is going to vote for someone that comes here just looking for a hand out. If you want a chance at SOTM, become a contributing member of the forum and gain the respect of the members here.

I cannot reiterate this enough. Winning SOTM was the best feeling of accomplishment i've had in a long time. I put a lot of time into making my car what I thought was worthy of entering, and when I won, I was blown away. The prize is nothing compared to the pride of winning a SOTM(no offense to the partners putting up these great packages each month).

I agree with both these cats.... And from my POV im thrilled just to be in it this month because I was nominated by another reader..that right there makes me feel great..someone liked my work and effort effort to nom my build without me knowing.... and hell ya I accepted that... I know I am not going to win this month because Im not the best system compared to some others this month, i know who im voting for and it isnt me... but Im lovin it none the less. And honestly I agree with Cj some much on what seems to be so many people just nominating themselves for a chance at free gear... and then also bitching because of something like this months prize is "only" 750 from rockford at MSRP.... big fucking deal people... like these guys said, it isnt about the prize.. its about the bragging rights..I mean sure, a guy like me will benefit greatly if I were to win ( new mids n highs for the whole jeep)... but Id be just as excited to win or place well if there were no prize. I know for a fact theres at least 1 nom this month that apperas to have joined up just because of SOTM..and thats bogus. Frankly if it were up to me, Id say no one can nominate themselves... thatd help with all the slacker twats that are just trying to pity party for some free gear. One last thing:

Read the M-F'n rules you tards.... its all laid out pretty clear..take your no subs in ur car yet build, your naked box, or whatever and just wait a month till your finished up (and prob have a better chance then too since your complete.).

Thanks again to the fellow reader who nominated me.. I wouldnt be here if it werent so.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

CJ I been watching your build since I joined this forum man.You been putting in work and deserve to win SOTM.Good luck and you got my vote for this month.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I gotta vote for Cody this month......you actually inspired me to step it up a bit with a slight change of plans!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

damn those carbon fiber dust caps are sick i saw in your thread that you were making them ,nice

90 honda civic lx 4 door

sony cd head unit

mmats mp5 eq/crossover/line driver

35 farad hybred cap

ppi sedona 430ix on mids/highs

hifonics brutus brz1700.1d @2 ohm 1200w rms

front/jl audio evo 6.5 components

rear/kove audio 2 way 5.25

subs/pioneer premier tsw3002spl 12x2 1000wrms ea 3000w peak

and a hi amp alt 160a

http://www.stevemead...0s-honda-civic/

I gotta vote for Cody this month......you actually inspired me to step it up a bit with a slight change of plans!

Thanks bro! Let me know if I can help out with anything if you have any questions.

damn those carbon fiber dust caps are sick i saw in your thread that you were making them ,nice

These I got from DC. I am still waiting to get the mold to try and make my own, but that will be happening.

Archived