I’ve seen a couple few posts lately of guys getting totally screwed over by their woman and just wanted to take a minute to point something out to you guys (I guess the ladies too as it could go both ways).

Always have an emergency fund that only you know the details about. Sure emergency money is important, but this fund should be enough cash to get you through a few weeks after your shit winds up on the lawn (if you direct deposit and are locked out of the bank you might need longer) and NEVER touched especially when times get tough because the odds of you getting the boot go up.

When I was getting married I told my soon to be wife that I had money stashed on the side (I don’t keep secrets from her) that she can’t see or touch in the event she screws me over. Her immediate response was “You really think I would do something like that to you?!” and my response was “yes”… I know what you’re thinking “oh man I bet she was pissed fuck that, that’s too much hassle”, but it’s worth it. Basically the explanation breaks down like this, while she might never toss me out in the street and shut off every CC and the like, I could potentially do something stupid enough to make her go that far. An hour or a couple days of arguing about it is a price well worth it if you do ever find yourself pulling up to your house and your shit is on the lawn, your cards are shut off, and your locked out of your bank accounts.

I have a private account with a big bank which has no paperwork that comes to the house, no checks, no nothing. It’s in my name and she has no access nor does she even know which bank it’s with. I also have some in cash stashed as well (again nothing major, but enough).

Guys I’m telling you, don’t get caught with your pants down (funny expression for this conversation I guess lol). Your wife can literally tear you down to NOTHING in minutes with only a few phone calls and remember to look out for numero uno because when push comes to shove she can completely ruin you if you aren't prepared. Don't think that I'm saying "if you're a cheater you better be ready", because I'm not as that isn't my style, but... That's the whole thing, the "but" as you never truly know what might happen.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Great advice actually. I'll keep this in mind for when I get married.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I do the same, but when divorced, you are suppose to supply them with this info or it can be perceived as deceiving the courts. A guy I work with just went thru this and it was a substantial amount of money! He had to give her 50% of it!!! Stashing cash is the best way to go. It's uncounted for, and cannot be found by simple searches (especially by a damn lawyer).

What is Gown man tho? :peepwall:

EDIT: Reason being for giving her half, was the amount of years married. They are entitled 50% of pretty much everything after 10 years of marriage. Including 401k or any other retirement.

Edited by sayhuh?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Great advice actually. I'll keep this in mind for when I get married.

Save yourself UNIVERSES of trouble. Don't be a dumbass, and don't get married.

-From a married guy

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

Your money is not safe without a prenuptial agreement. Regardless if your significant other knows about it or not a good lawyer will find it. Next thing you know you have a call from your significant others lawyer asking what happened to the $347,233.42 that was in account number 4328849204 with at Bank of Got Yo’ A$$ Sucker.

Edited by brownm3

I’ve seen a couple few posts lately of guys getting totally screwed over by their woman and just wanted to take a minute to point something out to you guys (I guess the ladies too as it could go both ways).

Always have an emergency fund that only you know the details about. Sure emergency money is important, but this fund should be enough cash to get you through a few weeks after your shit winds up on the lawn (if you direct deposit and are locked out of the bank you might need longer) and NEVER touched especially when times get tough because the odds of you getting the boot go up.

When I was getting married I told my soon to be wife that I had money stashed on the side (I don’t keep secrets from her) that she can’t see or touch in the event she screws me over. Her immediate response was “You really think I would do something like that to you?!” and my response was “yes”… I know what you’re thinking “oh man I bet she was pissed fuck that, that’s too much hassle”, but it’s worth it. Basically the explanation breaks down like this, while she might never toss me out in the street and shut off every CC and the like, I could potentially do something stupid enough to make her go that far. An hour or a couple days of arguing about it is a price well worth it if you do ever find yourself pulling up to your house and your shit is on the lawn, your cards are shut off, and your locked out of your bank accounts.

I have a private account with a big bank which has no paperwork that comes to the house, no checks, no nothing. It’s in my name and she has no access nor does she even know which bank it’s with. I also have some in cash stashed as well (again nothing major, but enough).

Guys I’m telling you, don’t get caught with your pants down (funny expression for this conversation I guess lol). Your wife can literally tear you down to NOTHING in minutes with only a few phone calls and remember to look out for numero uno because when push comes to shove she can completely ruin you if you aren't prepared. Don't think that I'm saying "if you're a cheater you better be ready", because I'm not as that isn't my style, but... That's the whole thing, the "but" as you never truly know what might happen.

I was married for all of a month. I am glad that made her sign a prenup. She tried for months to find a way to take everything. I won and got full custody of my daughter. I have a bank account that she did not know about. And when she brought it up in court there was no proof. I had it put in my dads name and direct deposit. For they can not find out. But, good advice.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Your money is not safe without a prenuptial agreement. Regardless if your significant other knows about it or not a good lawyer will find it. Next thing you know you have a call from your significant others lawyer asking what happened to the $347,233.42 that was in account number 4328849204 with at Bank of Got Yo’ A$$ Sucker.

It's not to prevent them from getting their share, it's to prevent them from pulling the rug out and you are out of the house without a pot to piss in. I've seen it happens to friends and family in the past.

Basically it's possible for everything to get frozen. If and or when that happens if you have both your names on everything you are left with what you have in your pocket. Say you just got paid and it's direct deposit, you're out until next pay day assuming they can change it fast enough. This is just insurance against the worse case scenario where you find yourself without a place to stay and no money.

Most of us have friends or family that can help, but I for one do not like asking anyone for help especially in an event where I could have prevented it. :pardon: The sad truth is most people just don't think about it.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Like UnderLok said this is not a deception game or Ploy this is merely to make sure that you dont lose your ass in the event that you get F'd over by a female in the whole seperation... Some go nicely and some get nasty

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌