Sonic Electronix

Does anyone make subwoofers in the USA still?

Id like to know what US company supplys ferrite? And builds motors... I'm pretty sure all the neo comes out of china or japan I forget which.. but was told that neo is so toxic to produce that they took over the market. Because ther laws aren't as strict... so if that's the case then I doubt any 1 sub except for maybe fi AA is truly 100% american made

Ive said this before but the cost of us produced ferrite is through the roof. IT would make it impractical to have us ferrite in subwoofers. Im not 100 percent certain that FI/AA machine it all in shop though.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I find it fascinating people get all caught up in the "made in america" idea. If you only knew that we trail in almost every aspect of life to other countries. Technologically we are very far behind some countries, and just because something is manufactured outside of the states does not make it of poor quality.

What? Most designs are created here, but are built in other countries due to labor charges in order to make a product more 'affordable'. We aren't behind in Tech, we just don't build it anymore. Now mani, we are, but mostly due to workers wages and the fact it would drive product price up. Although, I'd bet it wouldn't be much different than now, but the big dawgs like their money.

america2.jpeg

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I live near that Toys R Us and Hooters! That's in Fairview Heights Illinois. 10 minutes from St. Louis. :shrug: This is just like the pissing match a laborer tried to get into with me about being union and driving a Nissan. Sure the money for the car as a whole goes overseas but at least union workers put them together here and put money in the economy here. Not trying to thread jack, just thought it fit the conversation. :peepwall:

Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford Fosgate T5001 bd-cp

2 DC level 2 12's

Focal Access Components in the front

Focal Access Coax in the rear doors

Rockford Fosgate Punch Boosted Rail 4 channel rms 4x75

XS Power D3400 under the hood

Knuconceptz Ultra Fleks Power & Ground

I live near that Toys R Us and Hooters! That's in Fairview Heights Illinois. 10 minutes from St. Louis. :shrug: This is just like the pissing match a laborer tried to get into with me about being union and driving a Nissan. Sure the money for the car as a whole goes overseas but at least union workers put them together here and put money in the economy here. Not trying to thread jack, just thought it fit the conversation. :peepwall:

That's my ole stomping ground. When I saw the sign, I thought it was that one.

actually, it is. Go to the road out front of Toys r Us (the big curve and place the little google maps guy in front of the store and there is the sign lol

http://maps.google.com/?ll=38.598728,-89.988227&spn=0.004844,0.006968&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6&layer=c&cbll=38.598728,-89.988227&panoid=lLj-tyIVcA6ZPvTjsVUjCQ&cbp=12,263.46,,0,-6.03

EDiT: It's been forever since I had been there!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

i couldnt care less about where my speakers are actually built or assembled...as long as they do what i want them to. if china can give me a quality product at a good price, ill take it.

Haha u said it. I love my china woofers. :)

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Almost no woofer company is 100% USA made or built.

The closest company would be FI/AA/SSA/Crossfire, and probably Digital Designs

At the end of the day, their are still parts coming from China, such as mass produced baskets for almost EVERY company (not including the TI style baskets found on T3 TSNS, FI SP4, AA SMD, TC Sounds LMS Ultra), and some neo & ferrite.

Most the companies listed have the voice coils wound here in the USA however.

Just for those that may have missed it. Probably the best post in this thread. Besides, sundown is still an awesome product.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived