audiosavings u can buy cadence brand there

OMFG!! HOW MANY TIMES ARE PEOPLE GOING TO SAY CADENCE IS OFC! THERE HAS BEEN LIKE 18 FUCKING THREADS SAYING IT ISNT, I USE IT, IT ISNT!

sorry for the caps OP,

Knukonceptz has good OFC for a nice price, you could look into welding cable, just make sure it has a decent flexibility and thread count for ease of use.

OFC is tinned, for protection against corrosion, and is copper stranding

CCA is aluminum stranding covered in copper (usually around 10% copper rather than OFCs +98% copper or whatever it is. )

OFC is not automatically tinned... and if its tinned itll be silver.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

audiosavings u can buy cadence brand there

OMFG!! HOW MANY TIMES ARE PEOPLE GOING TO SAY CADENCE IS OFC! THERE HAS BEEN LIKE 18 FUCKING THREADS SAYING IT ISNT, I USE IT, IT ISNT!

sorry for the caps OP,

Knukonceptz has good OFC for a nice price, you could look into welding cable, just make sure it has a decent flexibility and thread count for ease of use.

OFC is tinned, for protection against corrosion, and is copper stranding

CCA is aluminum stranding covered in copper (usually around 10% copper rather than OFCs +98% copper or whatever it is. )

OFC is not automatically tinned... and if its tinned itll be silver.

i know it isnt automatically tinned, but a decent amount of them are, i said knukonceptz when i suggested OFC, they tin their wire. but i understand what you mean, i stated it like it is the norm to tin the wire. and i meant the wire itself being copper with silver tinning on it.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Knukonceptz /thread

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

OFC isn't only better in power handling...it doesn't corrode as easily as cca.

Don't cheap out on wire.

aluminum corrodes a hell of a lot slower than copper.

You're right. I may have the term mistaken. Maybe it's oxidize I'm thinking of? I remember seeing a handful of threads where people showed their cca wire breaking apart and changing color and shit near the terminal.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

i HAD knu konceptz cca 0g.. for about 3months... i noticed i wasnt charging as high as i used to and my amps were getting hotter..

took the power wire out and cut the coating off and from front to back it was corroded..same for grounds...

switched to rockford fosgate ofc and aint had a problem since

that my personal experience

I posted this in another OFC Vs. CCA, but here ya go.

hey guys,

i got 1/0 soundquest, its cca and i hered that ofc is better but im running a aq 1200d

should i upgrade to ofc wiring or am i fine, im also using it for the big 3 to

maybe just leave that and do big 3 in ofc....

lemme no

thanks

nate

I probably have the same kit as you, and the wire you have isn't bad at all. OFC is better, yes, but that's on an atomic level.

You see, aluminum has 3 electrons in it's valence shell while all of the elements I highlighted in yellow have one single valence electron. The further down that list you go, the more conductive the metal will be. Gold is better than copper because its valence electron is further from the nucleus of the atom therefore it can "jump" from atom to atom much easier. So say you somehow got wire made from Curium (Cm) it would trump the living shit out of all of the ones above it on the periodic table, because its valence electron is so far away from the atom's nucleus.

7c9cb7a0.jpg

i almost forgot though, that those elements on the bottom actually aren't the MOST conductive, the element Roentgenium (Rg) would be the most conductive on that list, considering it would come after curium.

you can use ether just use more of the cca then you would of the ofc now with the money you save buying cca you lose buying more to get the same perforamce of the ofc

on a side note there is no such thing as OFC oxegen free copper they dont make it in a vacume sealed room and as soon as you open it.. its exposed to oxegen its stranded copper with no clade still better but no such thing as ofc

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived