Sundown Audio

SAX 1200D not much louder than JL 500.1??

Tulsajj

I have a few questions. I just replaced my JL 500.1 with a Sundown SAX – 1200D and I was expecting it much louder, it is difficult for me to tell a difference in sound between the two amps.

Details:

2008 Accord Sedan with 2 Alpine 1243D subs in a ported enclosure both facing rear (600 RMS) wired in parallel to 1 ohm to 1 channel of the SAX – 1200D. I’m also running a JL 300/4 to my components. Currently I’m using 4 AWG power and ground but I will be upgrading to 0 AWG soon. I’m using the OEM electrical and battery; I will be doing the big 3 soon.

Questions:

1.Is the reason it is not louder is it due not being able to get enough juice from OEM electrical? Once I upgrade to 0 AWG power/ ground and big 3 will it make it louder?

2.Is it ok to run 0 AWG power/ ground and go to 0 to 4 gauge fuse block then to amps or does that reduce power going to 4 gauge fuse block?

3.Should I be looking for bigger battery or wait till the OEM dies? If so what brand and what size?

Thank you for your help

and u dont have the electrical to support it.. get a dmm meter and see how low your voltage drops..

ALWAYS do the big 3 upgrade..and its never smart to use wire smaller than what the amp needs!!

and no dont wait "till the battery dies" bc i bet money the amp will cook 1st.. do the big 3 upgrade and get a better battery

and also impedance rise is a bitch..

Best case scenario you would gain 3 dB -- to SOUND *twice* as loud you need to gain 10 dB

So best case it will be audible but not earth shattering in different.

Depending on how your voltage is holding up that could also play a part -- 0 awg will help on the SAX-1200D as it has been clamped in the ~1500 watt range. It IS okay to run 0 awg to the d-block then 4 awg into the amp, yes.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

its also not the easiest to notice a small gain to the ear..even if you gained a db or even 2 you may not be able to tell much of a difference .. and like CJ said.. rise is robbing you of power from the sundown..prolly the coolest thing about cp amps is it helps fight the whore that rise is

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

sorry but ..... Whats a "cp amp"? I have never heard this term

im assuming he is trying to say constant power like what ever the amp is wired too it will still give you the same amount of power i saw jl do it 1st before rockford i believe

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

sorry but ..... Whats a "cp amp"? I have never heard this term

im assuming he is trying to say constant power like what ever the amp is wired too it will still give you the same amount of power i saw jl do it 1st before rockford i believe

yep thats what i meant lol sorry kinda lazy when it comes to typing sometimes...my bad :pardon:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

Archived