Jump to content

Things that make you happy/smile


Recommended Posts

Posted

And if you are talking about NYC you are going to have parking costs among many other variables. Tell me how far you're going to make it in NYC with a 2200 rent payment plus utilities and other expenses before factoring in a 4 or 500 dollar a month car note. 60 grand isn't shit in this neck of the woods. 100k isnt living large either and you wont be coming out of school with zero experience making that. I don't know what they are teaching you in school but unless you have an in at a place its tough to find a job. They interviewed 10 people for my one position alone. And it's not an entry level spot. My whole thing is don't go placing the cart before the horse. Ive averaged 97 grand the last 5 years and this is the first year Ive even considered a luxury car.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Exactly... what n8 said. I work 80 hour weeks. Granted, nothing even in the same "league" as n8... as well, 25k a year jobs... hence why 2. Can't even afford to live by myself. and my car note is 450. and I have very very little debt...

tryin to find a career I'd like and get some schooling and go on with it... so I can stop 2 jobs and just do the 1...

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

What new ball game? Unless you're still making $12 an hour and got a dead end job, living on your own is not that different. Starting salaries for positions I'm apply for start at $60 grand plus. And that's on the low end.

Starting salaries for jobs you've "applied" to...

What's your current wage? What was your annual gross last year? Just curious because all this talk of "driving something presentable" and copying what other "bankers" drive kind of makes me assume you're just a kid watching too many movies. I've worked in the banking industry beginning with Wells Fargo before working with two local Credit Unions before getting out of the field. Not everyone drove Mercedes or BMWs, and a lot definitely rolled in Ford Harley's, GMC Denalis, as well as Range Rovers. I guess being in Alaska might have something to do with that, but if location was truly a variable you'd understand how wrong your original statement was.

Either way...I'd love to see proof of this low end 60k a year job IF you even get it. I could apply anywhere...doesn't meant I'm getting hired.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

Shit I'm right at that 60k/yr mark, near 100k with my wife working too, both of us should be driving Cadillacs at least right?

Hell no Alek. Should be rollin around in some Lambo's... some Ferrari's. 100k is pure bill gate status son. Caddy is poor man shit for you.... :slayer:

Sheena = pedobear

Posted

$500 dollar car payments wtf? With a credit score of 0 maybe. My payments will be no more than $225. More in the range of $200. That's why I've been setting money aside for past few years.

For the record, I'm not getting brand new car. Most likely 2006-2008.

My current wage, I do alright.

I won't be graduating college with 0 experience. That's what internships, clubs, organizations are for. The college I go to got a large alumni base.

Posted

LMAO... Any car that cost over $15k is going to have a 300+ payment . Unless your down payment is half of the cost of the car.

Just bought a 2013 Dodge 2500 for $54K .. Traded in $17k my payment is still $600

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

what about insurance on that car? What kind of credit score does a 20 year old have? how much do you expect maintenance costs on a 8 year old car to be? What is your current job I'd love to hear this. And internships really don't mean shit when you are competing against people with 4 years of experience. We have interns at work they don't do anything near what is done on the day to day. I know you want to think that you're going to be set for life when you graduate btu you can't be further from the truth.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

What new ball game? Unless you're still making $12 an hour and got a dead end job, living on your own is not that different. Starting salaries for positions I'm apply for start at $60 grand plus. And that's on the low end.

Well, looks like you dont have this 60k+ yet...

Don't forget it's ($60k - 40ish%). So yeah, 60k to even 100k, like n8 said, is definitely not living large. And if you live in Commiefornia, go ahead and COMPOUND your state tax brackets up to your bracket, and subtract that too. Not sure if others with state income also do compound brackets, but if so, join the club.

When my mom helped me fill out the W-4 forms for the first time and I saw the withhold % numbers adding up, I immediately hated the government. It wouldn't have been that bad even with state and federal, but the SS and medicare flat tax just pushed it over the edge. I was just as pissed to get the W-2 confirming it was all withheld.

I don't know why they seem to want to make it so difficult to even maintain a basic sustainable living for most young people starting out on their own.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Posted

LMAO... Any car that cost over $15k is going to have a 300+ payment . Unless your down payment is half of the cost of the car.

Just bought a 2013 Dodge 2500 for $54K .. Traded in $17k my payment is still $600

bet that dodge has just about every option you could think of too. Since Fiat bought out Chrysler, Dodge trucks have became nice on the interior.

Above that, you can make money with the Dodge by towing stuff for people. Not a whole lot, but you could.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9011 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...