Sundown Audio

Rockford T500-1BDCP @ .5 ohms

severancej

Is anyone one using T2500-1bdCP at 0.5 ohms music ????

Face palm

WHY do you want to run that amp that low?

It's constant power for a reason!

Right with you Ricky.. Your correct, and the op is lost... I don't understand either.. .. This oughta be locked ...

Edit - and like 99% of posts like this... The op won't ever be heard from again... Gets old..

Is anyone one using T2500-1bdCP at 0.5 ohms music ????

Face palm

WHY do you want to run that amp that low?

It's constant power for a reason!

Right with you Ricky.. Your correct, and the op is lost... I don't understand either.. .. This oughta be locked ...

Edit - and like 99% of posts like this... The op won't ever be heard from again... Gets old..

Agreed should be locked.I learned my lesson with letting my friend barrow my rockford amp and run it at half ohm. Boy did that think smoke up. It was a rockford t20001bd.

Well if you have a bdcp you can run it at two ohms per coil............ but im guessing htats over your head as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Just because an amp can be ran at below 1 ohm and you see people do it all the time, doesnt mean that EVERYONE can do it.

Things to think about below rated ohm loads and just in general.

Amps draw more power at lower ohm loads and run less efficient.

Amps generate more heat inside themselves at lower ohm loads.

Amps generally put out dirty power sooner at lower ohm loads.

And last but not least, the lower the ohm load, the more stress you are putting on the components in an amplifier actually shortening its life if it is below what it is rated.

The people you see running things below rated ohm loads and that are successful with it live with an oscope attached to their hips, have the electrical to keep voltage up and know when their shit is not working properly or sounds funny so they shut it down till they can fix it. This isnt something that should be taken lightly unless you like risking blowing equipment or just have a bottomless pocket and money is no object..

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

• 4 months later...

lol at the guy who said i wont be heard from. i did drop my shit to .5 ohms it did great not much gain in output tho. so there ya go it can be done and im still using this bad ass little amp and, so i just got some e series sundowns btw.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

I'm not quite sure which line of kickers mono block amps are only stable at 2ohm, they are designed to put out rated power at a specific load, which is why no one runs them below 2ohm, same with the rockfords no one runs them below 1ohm, dc sundown aq AA crescendo auidiopipe apk etc are completely different amplifiers from my understanding and they are pretty much all stable below 1ohm if you have the electrical to handle up to double the amps rated current draw.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived