Ram1989custom Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 In my school, a good old fashioned firm handshake is the only way to shake someones hand. No special handshakes here. 1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire *3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*
Rev. Wrath Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 100% agree, especially with the eye contact part. I know a man that shakes my hand every time i see him, but with no eye contact. It seems like he's even trying to avoid eye contact and I just can't fully respect or trust him. It's always bothered me.
RooTxBeeR Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 I do judge people by there handshake somewhat. I always propose one but most people dont do it. I do it to all my friends though and people I know are hand shakers. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
SlamminJimmy96 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 i'm glad this thread's here so i can see there's still people out there that think like me. just because i roll up in the Jimmy on 20s and the slams, i'll give you a firm handshake and look u dead in the eye. it tells a lot about a person. more than the handshake to me. handshake is a good %age tho. Great Topic!
Autruche Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 A handshake says a lot about a man. Try shaking hands with a cop. You can easily tell which ones are working to protect and serve, and which ones think it's just a job that grant's them authority over others. Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
Ecco Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 When I was growing up I was taught to shake hands when meeting some one or if you haven't seen someone in awhile. It was a greeting like saying hello. And also done sometimes when ending a conversation. Seems here lately though not to many people do it anymore. especially the "Y" generation. I personally believe that you can tell alot about a man by his handshake. My position is if a man has a limp handshake, i dont trust 'em. if they dont look you dead in the eye and give a firm handshake, dont trust them a damn bit. Maybe somebody could weigh in on this for me, I was just curious. Is it just a southern thing? I shake hands with people I just meet or for more professional/mature situations. I tend to be more laid back as an individual, so if I see a friend, it's more lax. When I got Darlington Nagbe's signature on my jacket, I gave him a firm handshake, and I got one back. It's one of those things that can't be replaced or reproduced, and I keep it alive. It's awkward when I put my hand out for a handshake, and the person looks at me like I'm crazy./
greatblack Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 I'm 19 so i would assume i land in this younger generation. I shake hands but only when i need to convey respect. Its not something that i find needed with most of my friends. usually all we need is a solid fist bump. But say we are making a deal or a bet then we shake. However i was raised to shake hands with people that are my elders. Especially when it is by a significant margin. Though i've shaken hands with gentlemen not much older than I and they are offended or creeped out when i grasp their hand instead of doing that slide then bump or grip or what ever their personal style is. It all depends on the man. On a side not, the handshake is fading and i want it back, i agree with the whole you can tell a lot from a man from a handshake. Now shaking a woman's hand that is an entire different thread haha look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
Lbox88 Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 <-----23 when I get a limp wristed, wet noodle, dead fish handshake I think UBL | Build Log
KillaCam Posted March 20, 2012 Report Posted March 20, 2012 I handshake all the time when I meet people. I always give a firm one to show my incredible boss status but im sure to make strong eye contact to show respect. When I lived in Michigan though it was almost always the homie handshake, even in professional situations. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.