Sonic Electronix

So......

much.....

fail.

Actually I don't think so. That isn't a bass control knob, that actually is a bass boost knob? Maybe that's their term for it buuut it says at 45 hz....

E34 540iT/6

waiting for some one more knowledgeable to chime in i use it never had any problems soooo maybe someone can correct me or say how to set it

how did you set your though?

same way turn the wired remote all the way up and set the gain with a dd-1/o scope

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

So......

much.....

fail.

Actually I don't think so. That isn't a bass control knob, that actually is a bass boost knob? Maybe that's their term for it buuut it says at 45 hz....

I think you fail at quoting the correct person. It sounds like you meant that for the post before mine.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

My amp doesn't have bass boost :shrug:
Mine does not either ... and I run my amps (perfectly matched with te headunit) with 0 gain ...
So...... much..... fail.
I agree with this statement ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

waiting for some one more knowledgeable to chime in i use it never had any problems soooo maybe someone can correct me or say how to set it

how did you set your though?

same way turn the wired remote all the way up and set the gain with a dd-1/o scope

yup all the way up then set with a dd-1

holy jebus im rolling.... this is funny

bass boost can be used for rock or quieter music, you should NEVER need it for rap music, EVER. you will find some companies limit it to 6dB to PREVENT user error because people think a knob magically makes bass better.

Bass Boost is a One Band EQ, usually centered at 45hz. Why, because kick drums are right there and a lot of rap beats fall there. The gain on the amp boosts all frequencies the amp plays evenly, using bass boost will ruin that evenness by boost only a small section of the overal signal it amplifies.

Example, song with 30hz note, 45hz note, 60hz note all even dB signal before being amplified. If you choose to use bass boost you just ruined that evenness of sound and can easily clip the amplifier.

If you use the DD-1 to set gains with a bass boost knob you will end up with quieter lows and high bass, but loud mid-sub bass(40-50hz), this is something undesired.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

bass boost can be used for rock or quieter music, you should NEVER need it for rap music, EVER. you will find some companies limit it to 6dB to PREVENT user error because people think a knob magically makes bass better.

Bass Boost is a One Band EQ, usually centered at 45hz. Why, because kick drums are right there and a lot of rap beats fall there. The gain on the amp boosts all frequencies the amp plays evenly, using bass boost will ruin that evenness by boost only a small section of the overal signal it amplifies.

Example, song with 30hz note, 45hz note, 60hz note all even dB signal before being amplified. If you choose to use bass boost you just ruined that evenness of sound and can easily clip the amplifier.

If you use the DD-1 to set gains with a bass boost knob you will end up with quieter lows and high bass, but loud mid-sub bass(40-50hz), this is something undesired.

Cool, guess im doing my own thing, and somthing correct, for me,.... the only time i dont use my PEQ is when i play it 1 of the 4 "rap" songs i have. Thanks Decaf, and again..remember, not everyone here listens to rap, or wants high ass spl, or turn heads... the heads i turn, actually sit in the damn car... so.. .again... TO EACH THIER OWN....

thanks decaf i appreciate you chiming in with actual knowledge oh and time to go reset everything lmao

Archived