Second Skin Audio

which is better to build a box out of.

birch is more expensive and a bit harder to work with. mdf is so much easier to cut/work with/ fix mistakes. It depends on what your skill level is and what tools you have at your disposal. If you have a table saw then hell yeah go with birch. But if you're like me and only have a circular saw and a steady hand mdf is much easier to work with.

In terms of weight the cheaper 'birch' is lighter for sure but real birch is about the same weight as mdf but can take a lot more abuse. The birch most people use is a birch veneer then one ply of pine, a ply of birch, back to pine until it is 7 ply. I got some baltic birch 13 ply wood for $70 and that is real birch and some nice stuff. $70/sheet though. I'd stay with mdf - $25/sheet around here.

Card board... ?

Thought about that. But i'd have to use some of that shippers packing tape with the fiber inside it to seal the seams huh.

I am thinking im going to use birch plywood. thank yall for the input. plus I hate having to pre drill all my holes.

Edited by 77-AUDIO

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Card board... ?

Thought about that. But i'd have to use some of that shippers packing tape with the fiber inside it to seal the seams huh.

I am thinking im going to use birch plywood. thank yall for the input. plus I hate having to pre drill all my holes.

you still have to predrill. all wood can split.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.