im all not for it. Like said. If we give everyone free reign it becomes a shit show. That means I or one of the other staff have to dig aroudn and put things in there and lock it. Then we are getting 8 million pms to add this and add that.

no thank you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

just keeping it real man. there are some great tutorials out there too but its just a lot of upkeep.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

think it would be a good idea in theory.....but your still gonna get people who go straight to posting and not using the search bar. sounds like it would benefit a few, but wouldn't be worth the time.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Their will always be the people who dont use the search function for what ever reason and like I said it would be an exstensive amount of work for all of the mods on the site sence when things seem to get done around here they get done right.. but I think it would be an investment to the whole community for those of us who really do try and learn here and not just expect people to dole out answers all day long like its the only thing they have going on in their life. *shrugs* just my thoughts.

The biggest issue with a true "How To" section is monitoring the content for which is deemed the correct way to do things.

Perfect example. Look at how I do my wiring in my builds. I feel it is the only way I will do a build, However does that mean that everyone should solder, heatshrink, and texflex their wires to be the only correct way to do something?

The search button is our best feature. I use it on other forums that I am not as active on or in areas of work I am not fluent in. For example a diy CNC forum I am on, I don't post much, but I search for questions consistently.

People who can't find an answer or 100 to the question they are asking are not using the right terms to retrieve the info they need.

It's like the people who can find the chat tab, but can't search the forums to get their simple question answered? Pull your head out and do some research. I find it frustrating because when I started in car audio, we didn't have a reference source like everyone does today. The greatest fuckin tool is in your hands, search for it.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Google searches work best -

Example:

Big three upgrade - stevemeadedesigns

Boom. Tons of results, while not having to use shitty smd search. Just sayin.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

• 3 weeks later...

my solution to the moderation issues with a how to section would be a disclaimer just saying hey this section is all user input. conduct at your own risk. that way you are leaving the forum readers with the responsibility and not SMD. that way the only real forum moderation would have to be to filter those people who are blatently wrong. although it would still be a tremendous amount of work for the moderators. it would be nice to have a place to go to just learn some shit and then decide for yourself what is right and wrong.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Archived