Sundown Audio

Amp Clips Immediately, Buzzing Noise from Subs

OrionStang

im curious now when they tested it..did they actually hook it up to subs or just dd1.. your power source should be fine for quick testing.. just power it up run a signal into it and touch gain knob..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

If you only hook up the dd1 and not the subs there should be much less current draw since the dd1 should be of higher impedance than the subs which equals less power obviously

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

im curious now when they tested it..did they actually hook it up to subs or just dd1.. your power source should be fine for quick testing.. just power it up run a signal into it and touch gain knob..

Well the lpf and ss were set for music. I know thats the wrong way to use the dd-1. Seem's a little shady, but who knows.

If you only hook up the dd1 and not the subs there should be much less current draw since the dd1 should be of higher impedance than the subs which equals less power obviously

Thats what I was thinking.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

You should be just fine testing on one battery, I know rusty uses anas rex to test amps all the time with 1 battery. It could have been something with his settings on his head unit or if he had a signal booster(cant think of the correct term) inline before the amp.

You should be just fine testing on one battery, I know rusty uses anas rex to test amps all the time with 1 battery. It could have been something with his settings on his head unit or if he had a signal booster(cant think of the correct term) inline before the amp.

Thanks bro,... as always,.. the man Cj in for it for ALL the member here.....

thanks again dude... :asskiss:

Another possibility could be a defective dd1. I had an issue with mine where on the 1khz tones while trying to set my 4 channels, I would get an immediate distortion light. Not sure what caused this malfunction, but I sent it back and it was fixed.

check the battery in the dd-1? i mean try a different 9v battery

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I dont know if I read wrong or what but did you say they had the speakers hooked up while setting the gain?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived