I thought it was because butch lesbians love tacomas.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Aaaaaahahahaha

Butch lesbians drive tornados.... o wait its toranado's

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I know they're tanks. Hell I only get about 17 around town in my 4 cylinder lol.

The truck I'm looking at is a 96 with 180k.

They want 35 obo

better be in great shape for 3500. That and hopefully only 1 owner.

320,000 miles and counting with my 5.7 350 Chevy ...

other than normal maintenance, no problems ... Along from work and driving daily, I hit many Car audio events every year ...

5.7L 350 in my 95..... 220,000 later going like day 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

A big block is not more money to work on disregard that post...It's actually cheaper. If you break a part on a lot of foreign cars you can't just go to the parts store and buy it. You have to go to the dealer and even if you order the part it's a challenge to fix whatever it may be. My neighbor wanted to do what was called "regular maintenance" on his Hyundai Tiburon and change just a simple belt. $400 later and a week at the shop he got his car back. A belt from napa or auto zone runs you 10-20 dollars and you can loosen one tensioner and have the belt installed. Even motors such as fords 5.4l are a nightmare. The coil packs go bad every 100k and are $80-100 a piece (8 total). Not to mention if anyone has experience changing the plugs in one...you feel my pain. Bottom line a 454 is an awesome motor. I speak from person experience owning multiple vehicles with that exact motor in it. A 72 Monte Carlo SS with a 454 that's never needed anything besides plugs and wires. A jet boat with 800hp on a 454 that I beat the hell out of. The list goes on I speak from personal experience. Any older chevy small/big block will last you forever if you treat it right. As for gas mileage it depends how you drive. If it's fuel injected you'll see 10-14 depending on how you drive. If its got a carb on it then stick a 700cfm edelbrock on it and you'll have the same mileage and also a 4 barrel at your foot for when you want to sport around.

I speak from personal experience. You will love the truck for what you plan on using it for. Pussies drive 4 and 6 cylinder trucks.

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

A big block is not more money to work on disregard that post...It's actually cheaper. If you break a part on a lot of foreign cars you can't just go to the parts store and buy it. You have to go to the dealer and even if you order the part it's a challenge to fix whatever it may be. My neighbor wanted to do what was called "regular maintenance" on his Hyundai Tiburon and change just a simple belt. $400 later and a week at the shop he got his car back. A belt from napa or auto zone runs you 10-20 dollars and you can loosen one tensioner and have the belt installed. Even motors such as fords 5.4l are a nightmare. The coil packs go bad every 100k and are $80-100 a piece (8 total). Not to mention if anyone has experience changing the plugs in one...you feel my pain. Bottom line a 454 is an awesome motor. I speak from person experience owning multiple vehicles with that exact motor in it. A 72 Monte Carlo SS with a 454 that's never needed anything besides plugs and wires. A jet boat with 800hp on a 454 that I beat the hell out of. The list goes on I speak from personal experience. Any older chevy small/big block will last you forever if you treat it right. As for gas mileage it depends how you drive. If it's fuel injected you'll see 10-14 depending on how you drive. If its got a carb on it then stick a 700cfm edelbrock on it and you'll have the same mileage and also a 4 barrel at your foot for when you want to sport around.

I speak from personal experience. You will love the truck for what you plan on using it for. Pussies drive 4 and 6 cylinder trucks.

well, the ecoboost v6 is 385hp but then again it's turbo'd.

its honestly not that hard to handle a 3500 with a big block. i take it to walmart, through the drive through, and on long trips when i have to. thing rides like a caddy as long as you dont let the suspension go to shit. the only real downsides are that i get about 12 driving city mostly, and you have to add more points to make sharp turns. maintaining the thing is a breeze. plus its nice to know that theres a lot more steel between me and other dumbasses on the road, instead of being in a tiny box that will crumple.

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to steer away from the bigger motor(for now)

And I'm going to pick up this s10 on Sunday.

2.2L 5 speed.

6ae4a463.jpg

1c835351.jpg

81f60115.jpg

:ninja:

bdd34f10.jpg

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

i have been running big block engines in my hot rods for years and have never had one fail on me. granted they are not daily drivers but i put about 5-10K on them a year and have never once had any problems that i didn't make happen. Don't try to race everything that pulls up next to you or try and pull down houses and you would be fine. Oh and on top of that all the engines i have in my cars are no less that 400 hp and all built by me. Only time i have had a GM tranny fail is from being stupid with it and doing burnouts all night long in the car. my 468 get about 17 mpg during cruising at around 45 mph and on the highway it gets about 20 mpg. There is a lot more to look for than just the size of the engine in a truck. Look at the gearing, if its 4x4, size of tires, etc. Just my 2 cents worth.

2001 Toyota Avalon (stock other than system)2009 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS (Cat-back custom Exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler, ECU Flash)1966 Chevelle SS (402BBC, Built TH350 w/2500 stall, Flowmaster exhaust, Coy 5 Spoke Rims, Holley Carb, Elderbrock Intake, Comp Cams Valve Train)Current in Avalon:Kenwood DNX5180 HUJBL 6.5" in front doorsJBL 3/4" tweets in dashJBL 3.5" rear doorsJBL 200w 4ch amp

RE Audio SEX 12D4 Subs (12")

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D

NVX 4 gauge wiring

NVX Deadner

XS Power D925

Big 3 1/0 ga Q Power wire

Custom box by Pro Audio Gulfport, MS

137.5 SB2 USACIhttp://www.stevemead...on-xls-build-up

Thanks for the advice guys. I decided to steer away from the bigger motor(for now)

And I'm going to pick up this s10 on Sunday.

2.2L 5 speed.

6ae4a463.jpg

1c835351.jpg

81f60115.jpg

:ninja:

bdd34f10.jpg

that truck looks famiilar, is the guy on youtube?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Archived