I got the SKURVY today! KASPERSKY FTMFW - (portable hard drive "shortcut" virus)

first virus i had in YEARS...and it was spread with a thumb drive. Thats a first for me :D. Its ok, its what i get for runnin' bare-back (no AV at all) I don't surf places where i should be getting skurvy but you never know. I guess after years of no problems i started to feel invincible. Lesson learned!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I use ESET NOD32, I admit it is pirated but would gladly pay for it had I not been able to find a crack for it. According to CNET its ranked last and Kaspersky 2nd but I've never had a virus since I've had it *knock on wood* and anytime I click on a site that is known for viruses it won't load the site and it instead display a page showing the virus its known for.

If you ever want to keep your computer running smooth too and an easy way to clean/defrag the registry or delete unnecessary files like old backups and also tweak startup programs and what not I suggest Tuneup Utilities, I use 2010 but there is a 2012 out, it gets 4.5/5 stars from CNET and 4/5 from Users. Great program.

I wonder how the thumbdrive got the virus, strange!

Edited by Baydestrian

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Kaspersky is from a russian lab and is in no way shape or form affiliated with or started by the guy from Norton. They've actually been the one who found the stuxnet and Flamer viruses. Two of the major virus attacks launched against Irans Nuke program. Of course they had to find it. Since they are russian I'm pretty sure its the only one Iran trusts lol.

Glad you got it straightened out Steve.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

^ well if thats true then the guys at best buy here are stupid because thats not what they told me.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspersky_Lab

while its not uncommon for big wigs from oen company to jump to another and bring info along this isnt one of them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

thats because no one targets a mac. Macs make up a very small percentage of personal pcs usage in the world and even fewer use them in a corporate environment. Its not htat they are virus proof because they arent. Hackers and virus creators are extremely bright and realize that targetting a mac is rather dumb when they can target a windows box that could potentially land them a nice score. A Mac is security through obscurity.

Jesus Ive spent far too mcuh time studying lately.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

thats because no one targets a mac. Macs make up a very small percentage of personal pcs usage in the world and even fewer use them in a corporate environment. Its not htat they are virus proof because they arent. Hackers and virus creators are extremely bright and realize that targetting a mac is rather dumb when they can target a windows box that could potentially land them a nice score. A Mac is security through obscurity.

Jesus Ive spent far too mcuh time studying lately.

Also I know most people who have macs mostly have creative stuff on there. I use mine for photography and editing. In my studio we have a PC for accounting/business purposes so it wouldn't make sense for someone to hack my mac unless they wanted to see the new line of hyundai's haha.

Btw I also read that macs were built with security in mind first then expanded. But that's on the Internet lol, people say u can do anything on here

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D