redbaron80 Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 Moved out of my apartment in 2008 and bought a home. In 2004 rent (apartment) was 1,265 / month In 2008 rent (apartment) was 1,775 / month In 2012 rent for the exact same place is 2,175 / month. almost double in 8 years. Just crazy! Now I can sit back in my underwater house and KNOW that my payment is set for 30 years. I still agree owning a home (if you can afford the payments) is a good way to go. I can't believe how much rents have increased in 8 years. YIKES. Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/
OrionStang Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 Tell me about it, I pay 1200 for 720sq ft. Not to mention the headache of all the shitty fucking neighbors and complex rules. Got 11 months to find a house, and I'm out. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
HHR Ed Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 Where are you renting? I had a 2 bedroom apt. in South Philly on 2nd floor with a terrace for $850 per month in 2006. Now I rent a 2 bedroom house w/ garage and back yard outside Knoxville Tennessee for $750 per month. I would love to own my own home but have to make those $$ first. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
ALPINE408 Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 we are in CALI prices here are insane!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you ever had your woofers blown?
TylerParrish Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 wow.....growin up is gonna suck. When did everything get so expensive? What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
OrionStang Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 Where are you renting? I had a 2 bedroom apt. in South Philly on 2nd floor with a terrace for $850 per month in 2006. Now I rent a 2 bedroom house w/ garage and back yard outside Knoxville Tennessee for $750 per month. I would love to own my own home but have to make those $$ first. we are in CALI prices here are insane!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly, especially in my area. A decent 3 bedroom house runs about $2100-2600 a month to rent. A mortgage for the houses we are looking at will only be ~$1700. 4 bedrooms, den, 3-car garage, 2500sq ft. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Tarball Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 Renting a house in NC. 1300+ sq feet, huge yard, garage, 3 br 2 bath excellent schools, quiet neighborhood - $900 / month. CURRENT SYSTEM: Alternator: Stock alt on mids/highs Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v Batteries: (2) XS D1400s Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks Headunit: 80-PRS Sub Amp: DC 5.0k Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal. Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4 Active Components: Mids RE XXX 6.5c Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar) Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab. Build Log If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db
stroupe79 Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 renting sucks, owning is the way to go for sure....if I knew what I do now when I was 20-21 I would have bought a house then when I was pre-approved for a mortgage and got into a starter home....instead I was like "nothing I want to live in is in that price range"....it's been 12-13 years since then and I have rented ever since, could be nearly finished with a 15year mortgage by now if I would have just bought a house then!...live and learn I guess http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
Trey_Dog650 Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 I bedroom apartment. Hella small is 2000 a month not including utilities and stuff :/ bay area sucks haha 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
Kyblack76 Posted October 1, 2012 Report Posted October 1, 2012 no VS threads,... REPORTED SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.