Women Are Like Subwoofers

Women are like subwoofers.

When you get your first one, you think it's pretty great. You dont have much money for wattage, but it doesnt care. It bumps along slowly in your crappy little hatchback and you like it. It's perfect! Driving down a dark road at night, just a man and his subwoofer. Sometimes you find a nice secluded spot, park the car, and just pound that bass slowly until the early morning hours. What could possibly be better than this? Then you hear some others that your more experienced friends are rockin, and you see how much better you could have it. The longer you hold onto that sub, the more you want to keep it.....for no good reason really. It doesn't put out much, but you both found bass together, so that's special, right? You want to keep it but your bass needs and it's capability have grown apart as you've developed new desires for SPL. You see all your friends are getting busy, bumpin hardcore. And you wanna try a new subwoofer. You think....what if?

You finally make the move and upgrade subwoofers and realize what you were missing. This new sub rocks! It's crazy....and crazy is good when it come to pounding, right? What were you thinking by keeping that lousy sub for so long? This second sub rocks so good you get a bigger amp and pound that sucker all day, every day with twice RMS power. Well, this sub may pound like crazy, but it's built for SPL, not music. You pound it day and night and pretty quickly this thing starts smelling funny. It explodes on you in a violent rage!!! The pounding was great, but you need something a bit more reliable to have around during the music you enjoy. Seems like time for another upgrade.

But this time you are smart. You match your new sub to your amp and you get one that may not pound the hardest, but you don't have to worry about it self-destructing for no good reason. You take your time and build your system right. The nicest wires, the best fuse blocks, no expense spared. You build the perfect space for your subwoofer to live, and it genuinely seems happy. It sounds perfect with your favorite music. Life is good. You rock this combo for quite a while. Then, out of nowhere, some asshole steals it from you. WTF just happened? I'm broken. How can I function without my subwoofer. Life is meaningless.

Now you meander. After investing so much in your last sub, you don't feel like putting so much into anything anymore. How could anything else top that last system? Why would you even try? What's the point? You try out a plethora of different subs. You try multiples (if you're lucky), you try big subs, little subs, subs you pic up in the strangest places. Cheap subs, expensive subs that you got cheaply. You play them all just to say you did. It's fun for a few years, pounding on every sub you can stick your speaker wire into. But you tire of it after a while. You step away from the game for a bit. Some people step away shortly, some step away for a while.

Then, in your later years, you find bass again and rekindle your romance with the subwoofer. Many things have changed since you stepped away, and yet many things remain the same. Pounding a subwoofer is still the same, but you have the experience of years of trying out different ones to guide you now. You reminisce the old days, driving down a dark road just a man and his subwoofer. What you wouldn't give to relive those simpler times. Oh, how little you knew back then about subwoofers. You thought you knew, but you were stupid and blind and in love with the new feeling of bass.

Now you do it right and you do it well and you have the means to pound any damn subwoofer you choose......and you live happily ever after!!

And that's how women are like subwoofers.

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

lmmfao well when you put it that way. :roflmao:

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

im glad i read that. its awesome

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

....so true!

LOL

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I thought OP was gonna say the best ones are round, with a large pole vent and a big bottom end.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

nice lol, women are like e.q.'s too. Lots of fun things to play with, but temperamental as hell and take real experience to know what makes them happy.

Archived