I'm still learning, and without you Cody, I'd be so much less knowledgeable than the limited amount I am now. This site kicks ass, and is by far the best one around. So many people willing to help, and teach you. That's what a guy like me needs. Questions answered, and teachings taught. I wanna learn, I don't want someone to just give me the answer, and this site has a ton of folks who do that. "This is what you need cause it'll do this and if you don't that will happen and then cause issues with this". Not just "this is what you need". Me- why is that. "Look it up"! Me- LOST and Frustrated!

So I agree, thanks SMD.com, and thanks to you Cody!

The difference between this site and a lot of others is they don't sugarcoat nothing. No holding hands or babying you, they call you a dumbass and a noob when it's necessary. It may hurt at first but it really shapes you and opens your eyes and ears to learn a thing or two from a lot of knowledgeable folks. I know we get a bad rap on other forums for the way we talk to some of the newer members but when I was a n()()b it took someone saying "WTH? are you stupid" for me to really sit down and rear my ass off and retain the information.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

when I first started I thought Steve had one of the loudest systems around

He still does. 55+ all day everyday in a no wall vehicle is stupid .

I'm still learning, and without you Cody, I'd be so much less knowledgeable than the limited amount I am now. This site kicks ass, and is by far the best one around. So many people willing to help, and teach you. That's what a guy like me needs. Questions answered, and teachings taught. I wanna learn, I don't want someone to just give me the answer, and this site has a ton of folks who do that. "This is what you need cause it'll do this and if you don't that will happen and then cause issues with this". Not just "this is what you need". Me- why is that. "Look it up"! Me- LOST and Frustrated!

So I agree, thanks SMD.com, and thanks to you Cody!

Im glad I have been able to return the favor I was given and help you. That is what I love about this place, people are willing to help anyone who is willing to learn.

Yea this site is great. When I first started I knew NOTHING at all lol. The only thing I knew was that I liked bass lol. Then I came on SMD and started learning a little at a time. Also i would hang out at audio innovations, I would always learn something new each time I would go there

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Imagine now if you're all the way in the far North with literally no access to the camaraderie or knowledge first hand... O_O

SMD is my only fix to other bassheads, innovators, and truly knowledgeable guys.

Minus Moestar, North Coast, Cityignites, akbass, dsktim :good:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i have to agree with CJ, i still dont really know anything about car audio.. but ive learned some stuff that helps out alot, wishing my friends would listen to me but they all think im full of shit when i say my new amp needs 1/0 power wire and 8 gauge for my speaker inputs or somethin like that, they say no no i have 8 gauge as my power wire for my amp and my stuff runs just fine, talking about his planet audio 1000 or 1500 watt amp to his 2 12" kicker cvx's, i tell him to pull them out and we can wire them to 1 ohm and they will hit harder then what they do now and he says im full of shit.. But ill admit, when i got my first pair of subs and amp i had absoultley no idea what i was doing.. i had 2 kenwood tornado 10"s 300 rms 600 peak so i went on amazon, started looking for a amp. i saw 1k amps for like 250.. i was like hell no! so i found myself a boss mosfset 1000 D amp for like $60 and i was like fuck yeah why spend more money for what i can get here?? i turned my gain and everything all the way up like a volume knob i thought it was. but now i learned gain isint a volume knob, boss amps and what not suck.. and when it comes to subs and amps, you get what you pay for haha

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand when I first started on this forum it was the only one I knew of.... stumbled on it.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I have yet to do my first build, but I'm learning a lot.

A few years ago, I did make the mistake of buying some flea-market no-name gear, but I never installed it (wrecked my truck not long after, plus I didn't realize that it was garbage until after I had purchased them, "all sales final"). I still have that crap sitting in a storage unit. I'll probably just give the amp to a guy I know, so he can salvage the metal off of it.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Archived