BobbyG2 Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 Yeah, I have noticed that my dreams are more vivid when I take melatonin. And usually, really weird... Lol *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
Noel989 Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 I take Melatonin, it's an herb that promotes sleep. Melatonin is something your body produces, but some of us slow the production of it. In my case, I'm just a shift worker with fucked up hours, hence awake right now lol. Only thing with Melatonin; it will give you some interesting dreams when you first start to take it. I mean VERY interesting. Damn then they get you into deep sleeping and relaxes you to get those type of dreams Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Noel989 Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 What kind of dreams? Horror funny remembering old times? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
Skullz Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 When i got an infection i wasn't able to sleep at all and if i got a 15 minute nap i was lucky, i tried the melatonin with no luck and then had the doctor prescribe ambien which didn't help either but i got up to an hour of sleep before being wide awake again. What i found that did help was semi sitting up sleeping or sleep in a recliner where you aren't laying flat but you aren't sitting up either, and once you can get the stress removed from your life it should return to a somewhat normal pattern again. Since we are all each different you may have to try many different things to find something that works or helps in getting some sleep. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Sosebee Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 Same thing happens to me, luckily last night i got some decent sleep (4 hours). Ive tried to take melatonin and it usually wont put me to sleep, but when it does, im groggy the whole next day and usually over sleep my alarm. Ive figured out that some times you just have to lay in bed until you fall asleep. Doesnt matter how much homework you have because your homework ends up suffering when you are sleep deprived. I try to go to sleep earlier when im some what sleep and set an early alarm. Just wake up and start studying again. And then when you are tired of studying, just get on here. I.e what I am doing now. 2005 Chevy Colorado Pioneer avic-x930bt Alpine pdx-m12 Alpine pdx-f4 Focal is 165 Focal ic 165 Sundown SA 15 D4 Kicker 0/1 OFC power wire Kicker 12 awg speaker wire XS Power D2400 DC Power 270 H/O Alt
Truconcept Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 I bet you replaced the sheep with boobies, that'll keep me awake all evening aswell Yeah right I wish. Lol No time for boobies when your trying to become an engineer there is always time. Im no doctor but i wonder.... how is your diet? I would cut all caffeine and reduce calories if you eat alot do you exercise? gotta get all worked up at least once a day the feeling after playing a sports game or knockin boots (not walking alot at work) What about your bed? Is that summabish comfortable? do you have an alarm that wakes you up? or do you wake up when your body is ready? Sleeping in will throw me off **actin bad like a kid at six flags**
Chris Hammer Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 Didn't read anything after first post but my trick when I can't sleep is to call the GF for late night fun...or when I was single I had a few girls I could just call...u know what I mean...i never had problems relaxing before finals MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Lbox88 Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 What about Zquil? I mean, it's made by NyQuil so that shit's GOTTA work. Otherwise I used to take 2 Tylenol PM's and call it a night. Make sure you have a good 8 hours to donate to sleep and then take those one hour before that. UBL | Build Log
sayhuh? Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 What about Zquil? I mean, it's made by NyQuil so that shit's GOTTA work. Otherwise I used to take 2 Tylenol PM's and call it a night. Make sure you have a good 8 hours to donate to sleep and then take those one hour before that. I've wanted to try that. Only reason I haven't is cause the Melatonin has worked so well. Those who wake up droggy, it passes, but is a side effect and may not pass. Some people it works, others it doesn't but it is a cheap alternative to prescribed. If ambien doesn't work, well then not much will other than drinking until you pass out haha Dreams...yes all of the above. Remember, if it doesn't work, it was 5 bucks, but if it does, then it was ONLY 5 bucks lol. Works great for me. Blown
8ight Posted December 6, 2012 Report Posted December 6, 2012 I have been a diagnosed insomniac for quite a while. I just try to get to bed earlier, I find it's the only way to help it. Chamomile tea works well too, as with some green flowers if you like that sort of thing. I'm gonna hate
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.