barney91 Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 So you guys that run pro audio mids and highs how much power do you feed them, do you give them there full rms rateing? For example, I've seen a lot of peolpe run 2 or 3 mids per door, and I was woundering if they power them 100% I only ask because I've been thinking of trying out some pro audio mids and highs, I saw rockford has 10" mids and they have a 350rms rateing. 350watts to a single speaker seems like a little to much. Would they still sound loud if I was gave them 150rms? Alpine 9884 RF T2 comp set up front The Epicenter 2x RF T10001bd 2x Sundown sa-15 t-line Big 3 Smd DD-1
SnowDrifter Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 I power mine to the fullest. RF is a good company, so if it says it can take 350, it should take 350 And yes, they should sound loud on 150 watts. But then there is the question of why you would get a speaker than can handle 350 watts only to give it less than half that? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
barney91 Posted January 10, 2013 Author Report Posted January 10, 2013 I power mine to the fullest. RF is a good company, so if it says it can take 350, it should take 350 And yes, they should sound loud on 150 watts. But then there is the question of why you would get a speaker than can handle 350 watts only to give it less than half that? true about powering them half there rateing but what rf amp will push out 350 at 4ohms. I was thinking of using there pbr300 to power one 150$ to power a single speaker does seem a little high Alpine 9884 RF T2 comp set up front The Epicenter 2x RF T10001bd 2x Sundown sa-15 t-line Big 3 Smd DD-1
bighossf150 Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 My aq mids are rated at 100w and Im putting 90 to each and they sound great Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Dangrebel Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 I'm over powering my mids at full tilt and aslong as you turn your hpf up you can overpower to an extent. They get warm from about 30 min of full tilt screaming 1999 GMC Yukon, 6 PSI platform 5 18's, 4th order bandpass by BHE, Taramps,
fox_racin4 Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 i have a sax200.4 to 4 neopro 8s.. they are gettin more then rated power haha IMO head room on mids is a good thing 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
Skullz Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 I'm pretty sure i am getting close to 200w channel running at 2 ohm's and have the gain set conservatively on just the 2 way comps i am using. Door preparation is key to any good sounding doors. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
kalilac619 Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 I have a RF 1000-4Ad on my Beymas birth sheet is 350+ x 4 and an Old skool mtx thunder 4202 on my Mb quart tweets which is rated at 70x2 @ 4 ohms so just a tad over 1500 watts ....beymas are rated at 150 rms 300 AES power and440 program power so definitely receiving rated 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
ChevyBoy95 Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 even on cheap pyle mids i have, 20 bucks a pop, i give them 100rms and they handle it easily. edit: 100 per. it is a 4.125 Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
White Lightning Posted January 10, 2013 Report Posted January 10, 2013 I'm in the neighborhood of around 800 w RMS with my Sound Quality front stage ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.