Possible Solution for Mustang Dual Alt Setup

Removing A/C isn't an option? Sorry if it was mentioned...may have missed it. I can't see why one cannot be done and added else where on the car though. It might be a bitch to put on, make or all the above, but I'd think anything is possible..it just matters what you want to spend and rather or not you can find someone to make it.

Man that is an oddball spot for and alt.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Okay, with bith units facing the same direction, the only hurdle is how to attach the center shafts. Look at the pics I took of my stock alt. Somehow attach a rod from the pulley of unit A to the rear shaft of unit B.

Or am I missing something?

Okay, with bith units facing the same direction, the only hurdle is how to attach the center shafts. Look at the pics I took of my stock alt. Somehow attach a rod from the pulley of unit A to the rear shaft of unit B.

Or am I missing something?

check your pm's

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Really interested in this cuz if you can make this work then I have an option at double alts on mine.

But I also think I have enough room for them to be next to each other. I digress.

In it for results.

Although I would really assume that DC power should be able to pull something like this off no problem. Maybe they don't have the time or would really cost you much dinero bro

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Really interested in this cuz if you can make this work then I have an option at double alts on mine.

But I also think I have enough room for them to be next to each other. I digress.

In it for results.

Although I would really assume that DC power should be able to pull something like this off no problem. Maybe they don't have the time or would really cost you much dinero bro

I'm sure DC or Mechman can pull it off, only problem is they'd need his vehicle or an identical one for R&D, which would hurt the wallet

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Yeah but like stated. Ken is local to DC power. And if he still has that mini I'm sure he can let them keep the mustang for a few days. Probably would be expensive tho lol

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

If you can find a way to do it, you could try to take it a step further with some sort of mechanism to disconnect to the rod from the secondary alternator. I'm not sure if they're used on full scale rock crawlers, but in the radio control rock crawling world people make devices for their trucks called "digs". It basically disconnects the rear axle from the transmission and locks the rear wheels in order to make tight turns. If you could integrate that into your alternator design, you could just flip a switch and disconnect one for better mileage and power.

Here's what I'm thinking of...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Archived