Second Skin Audio

What should i power these subs with

homereme

damn so my only choice would be to buy a new amp and get one that is .5 ohm stable if i wanted to wire them to 1ohm right

you can't wire them to 1 ohm. it's not possible. you can wire it to .5 ohm but I don't know of any amps that are low enough wattage to not turn those subs to mush that are .5 ohm stable... your best bet is like kranny said either get an amp that does 2000 at 2 ohm or get subs that are either 4 ohm or 1 ohm

lol my fault man i get your point i read my question over and it made no sense, thanks for the help

• dc 220 spx alternator
  • yellow top optima
  • big three upgrade
  • stinger roadkill deadening
  • two kicker L7 15s
  • 2000 watt hifonics amp
  • rockford fosgate tweeters

2003 chevy impala

I have $300 amp budget smurfboy

• dc 220 spx alternator
  • yellow top optima
  • big three upgrade
  • stinger roadkill deadening
  • two kicker L7 15s
  • 2000 watt hifonics amp
  • rockford fosgate tweeters

2003 chevy impala

I have $300 amp budget smurfboy

ouch... you might be stuck with what you got till you can save up man... any amp you can get for $300 won't have enough power at 2 ohms and if you do them at .5 ohm you will probably have enough power right up until the amp catches on fire... any amp that can do 2k at 2 ohm will be in the $700-1000 range

someone please correct me if I'm off on this I know I haven't been doing this all that long.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I doubt you have the electrical to back up .5 ohm all day, so as others have started, get an amp that does its power at 2 ohms, or swap your D2 subs for D4 ohm voice coil subs. I wish people would start paying more attention to how something can be wired before they make their purchase we would have pointed you in the right direction before your purchase.

Most amps that put out that kind of power at 2 ohms will be expensive. You could try to beef your electrical up, but with only $300 to spend on an amp, I doubt you'll want to do that.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I kinda doubt that lanzar actually puts out close to 2k... But hmm wiring to 1.3 ohm... I think i have seen that before isn't that wiring one sub parallel and one series? That would help the output from the amp he's got right?

Or well actually that would allow him to comfortably upgrade to a true 2000w amp and actually get most of it lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

cant he wire down to 1.3 ohms ? this could do the trick

No

But hmm wiring to 1.3 ohm... I think i have seen that before isn't that wiring one sub parallel and one series? That would help the output from the amp he's got right?

You don't want to wire subs differently like that, you won't get equal power distribution.

But for an example, if you have three 4ohm SVC woofers, you can wire those down to a 1.3 nominal impedance.

cant he wire down to 1.3 ohms ? this could do the trick

No

>But hmm wiring to 1.3 ohm... I think i have seen that before isn't that wiring one sub parallel and one series? That would help the output from the amp he's got right?

You don't want to wire subs differently like that, you won't get equal power distribution.

But for an example, if you have three 4ohm SVC woofers, you can wire those down to a 1.3 nominal impedance.

ooh I knew I had seen 1.3 wiring somewhere couldn't remember what it was... I think the one parallel and one series might do it too not sure but yea now that you mention it that sounds like a really bad idea even if it would do it lol

My Build Log

Archived