Wire strippers... What are these for?

well now that i research a little they seem to actually be for screws... but i was always told to use them for bending wire lmao iono

I think the ones at the top on either side are for bending wire. They do say insert wire here lol.

Sweet. Thanks! I wonder why it specifies the thread count though....

i've been using this tool wrong all along lol :Doh:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I've only used it a few times. It's not often in car audio I need screws that small to be trimmed.. its not.like it'll cut threaded rod..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I've only used it a few times. It's not often in car audio I need screws that small to be trimmed.. its not.like it'll cut threaded rod..

You know that screw on the back of HU that you screw in to old cars. Chop that thing down if you need to with the strippers

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

They're threaded so you can run your screw in, cut the excess off, then you have to unscrew it which will clean up the threads on the end of the screw that are fucked up so it will be able to be screwed into whatever it's for without cross-threading.

i've been using this tool wrong all along lol :Doh:

:rofl:

Yup I can confirm those holes are used for cutting small screws.

Bending wire is also a good idea!

AS previously said its intended for screws only but can be used for other things. Its not a cutter at all since there is no blade but it does break screws apart when you put them in the hold and close on it since its twisting them at a point and breaking it. If you look one side will have threads and the other side will not. You are supposed to insert the screw in the threaded side and then you can clamp the stripper closed to break the screw if you need to shorten its length or you can simply keep screwing the screw in the tool if you have an issue with the threads on the screw.

What the other members were saying with bending wires are located near the top where in the pic you see the "12-10 insul" there is no stripping or cutting that can occur in those holes, just insert the stripped wire in there and bend it to make a perfect bend to use when terminating the wire to the outlet/breaker.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived