Alcohol possession of a minor

I agree with the cop..

Under 21 means you or anyone else can not legally buy, consume, or even transport alcohol..

If no one wants to confess on whose alcohol it is, then everyone can and will be charged, and the charges will stand..

Farther more as you say your under 21, and your carrying a hand gun?

That is also illegal via Federal law, and you need to be 21 to purchase the hand gun and even the ammo. Unless it was "gifted" to you and you are in the state of TX, but Federal law trumps state. If it is a CCW weapon then you must be at least 21 years of age or at least 18 years of age if currently serving in or honorably discharged from the military.

Either way weather or not the gun is legal, you should be lucky you where not cited with a felony for underage procession of alcohol with a firearm. I know especially if your drinking even if its only 1 beer, and your far from being drunk, just the scent of alcohol on your breath with a weapon is instant felony, even if your 21.

Personally, It sounds like you have LOTS of growing up to do, and your just out asking for trouble.

x2 on what Audio said. I got kicked out of military for self defense. Best part is, no one was harmed. Yeah. Try $5,000 in legal fees, 5 months of bs, etc etc. Be very glad ALL you got was possession of a minor. As far as fighting it or whatnot, good luck. Have to act responsibly.

Sheena = pedobear

I agree with the cop..

Under 21 means you or anyone else can not legally buy, consume, or even transport alcohol..

If no one wants to confess on whose alcohol it is, then everyone can and will be charged, and the charges will stand..

Farther more as you say your under 21, and your carrying a hand gun?

That is also illegal via Federal law, and you need to be 21 to purchase the hand gun and even the ammo. Unless it was "gifted" to you and you are in the state of TX, but Federal law trumps state. If it is a CCW weapon then you must be at least 21 years of age or at least 18 years of age if currently serving in or honorably discharged from the military.

Either way weather or not the gun is legal, you should be lucky you where not cited with a felony for underage procession of alcohol with a firearm. I know especially if your drinking even if its only 1 beer, and your far from being drunk, just the scent of alcohol on your breath with a weapon is instant felony, even if your 21.

Personally, It sounds like you have LOTS of growing up to do, and your just out asking for trouble.

The alcohol was my friends brothers. So it belong to someone of age

And every state is different. I bought the handgun legally in my state.

You can purchase a handgun under 21 in Utah from a private seller. So i'm not even worried about that. I can even open carry it w/out a permit. it has to be 2 actions away from firing (racked and pull the trigger).

At the time the cop showed up no one had possession of alcohol. And it doesnt matter what was going to happen later, what happened at the time is the problem. They have 0 proof anyone under age was going to drink. The beer could have been left in the truck by his brother..

here's the state law:

76-10-509.4. Prohibition of possession of certain weapons by minors.

(1) A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a handgun.

(2) Except as provided by federal law, a minor under 18 years of age may not possess the following:

(a) a sawed-off rifle or sawed-off shotgun; or

a fully automatic weapon.

76-10-509.9. Sales of firearms to juveniles. (1) A person may not sell any firearm to a minor under 18 years of age unless the minor is accompanied by a parent or guardian.

(2) Any person who violates this section is guilty of a third degree felony.

The cop is a dumbass cause he doesnt even know the law. i asked him about it and he was stumped.

2012 Ram 3500. HTT 2nd Gen manifold Swap, HTT s465 Turbo, FASS 150, 6" S&B Intake, 5" TBE, RaceMe programmer, 8 inch tip (dumped over axle) 20x12s on 35s, 6 inch lift, Color match & haloed headlights, 30" lightbar flush mounted in bumper.

2 Sundown audio SD-2 12s and a Soundqubed Q1-1200d amp.

2000 s10 xtreme *SOLD*

1zh2yaf-1.png

Depending on how much "all of the beer" is, you'll have a hard time trying to convince the judge several cases or more was for 1 persons consumption. So that fact alone is reasonable suspicion and that's all they need.

First you say everybody is under 21 then you say it was your friends brothers beer and he is of age. Take it like a man, it shouldn't even be that bad, maybe just a small fine and community service if anything. Judge may even throw it out when you explain what happened. Were you guys planning on camping out for the night, if so, that would help in the fact boys were just being boys and weren't planning on driving while drunk and underage.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Question... So it is illegal for a minor to possess a handgun? Even if you are on your own property?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived